Skip to main content
Topic: order or not to order just yet (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
order or not to order just yet
Yahoo Message Number: 87504
Hi all,
 Wife and I want to order a 08 MB in brown I might add. I know it is the least ordered color but I really like it. Something cool about it kind of non flashy I guess.
 Here is the question. We are in no real hurry. Do you think it would be smart to wait a little while to let LDs get a few of the new frames under their belts so to speck? Give them a few to try out first to see how to adjust this or twik that. Or, do you think it will not make a differance at all?
 Now, I know not everyone ready to order a 08 reads this groups advice to let it fly. Thanks in advance.

Don Stewart

Re: order or not to order just yet
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 87506
"Do you think it would be smart to wait a little while to let LDs get a few of the new frames under their belts so to speck? "

Don
 If you order now, you will be in line behind all the others who have already ordered a 2008 coach, so you might want to ask the factory how many 2008s would be in front of you if you order now.  I'm sure they'd be up front with you about that.

Congratulations on your decision.

Kate
 http://cholulared.blogspot.com &

http://www.cholulared.com

Want to find us? Click below, we're #3096 http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=3096

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 87523

Hi all,
 Wife and I want to order a 08 MB in brown I might add. I know it is the least ordered color but I really like it. Something cool about it kind of non flashy I guess.

Here is the question. We are in no real hurry.
Let me tell you my experience that relates to date of delivery.
 In California and others the license renewal is annual and phased to the anniversary date.  The paperwork is issued 60 days forward.
 So that means (for me) that I can't begin a long summer trip until I get my hand on that paper and satisfy whatever inspections are needed.

Our paperwork comes about 1 May.  I wish it were different.

Cheers John

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 87527
I ordered in late November, Don. The estimated delivery date is early April; 4 months. That tells me there are lots of orders in front of mine. My invoice number is 8617. Call LD and ask what the next invoice number would be. That will give you a real good feel for the number of units in the order process.
I agree with your thought. I held back a few months to let someone else be the first.
In February, I'm going to put my 2000 MB on the market.

Ed

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 87530
jpwoodruff  wrote: "In California and others the license renewal is annual and phased to the anniversary date. The paperwork is issued 60 days forward.
So that means (for me) that I can't begin a long summer trip until I get my hand on that paper and satisfy whatever inspections are needed." --- Maybe I'm missing your point, but if you're talking about vehicle registration renewal, why not just renew your vehicle registration online with the DMV as soon as the renewal arrives (in your surface mail)? AFAIK, one can do this up to 60 days in advance (in California).
By renewing online, you'll receive the sticker and registration within a few days; paste the date sticker on and go! ???

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 87532
--- Maybe I'm missing your point, but if you're talking about vehicle registration renewal, why not just renew your vehicle registration online with the DMV as soon as the renewal arrives (in your surface mail)? AFAIK, one can do this up to 60 days in advance (in California).
I'm pretty sure I need to have the paper in my hand in Calif to get the smog check.  So I'm standing by the mailbox at the end of April.

Granted, I don't smog every year, but I'd hate to miss that date!
 Truly there are greater difficulties I might be called on to defeat, but every spring I worry about missing the wildflowers someplace.

John

Shoveled another 3 inches of powder today, but Truck isn't anywhere near here!

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 87541
I'll make my annual pitch for some new entries in the Delivery Times database.  If most folks would post their ordering data into the database, it can be a very useful tool for estimating delivery times.  However, the DB hasn't been used much lately - only nine entries in 2007.  The more entries there are, the more useful a tool it is.

Thanks in advance to all.

Ted H.

'02 FL  NE-12

Camp Hosts @ Gamble Rogers SRA FL til 15 Feb

--
www.toad.fobria.com
 See where we are: http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=6079

Posted by: "Ed" I ordered in late November, Don. The estimated delivery date is early April; 4 months. That tells me there are lots of orders in front of mine. My invoice number is 8617. Call LD and ask what the next invoice number would be. That will give you a real good feel for the number of units in the order process.

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 87555
Don, We ordered a Silver RB in late October, with latest delivery update for late February. We are #3 2008'
Ed, #3 wow!
 You must live down the street we live about 50 miles away ourselfs.:)
 Before we order we will look again at the RB somethings we really like about them, but for now it's a MB.

Don Stewart

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 87564
Did you order another MB? Or? and why?
Hello Don:

Yep, ordered another Mid-Bath. Same blue color. The blue has really held up well in the FL sun. Eight years outside and we still get comments about our "new" motorhome. All I do is wax it once a year.
For our needs, just my wife & me and the dogs, that seems to be the best floor plan. We like having the two distinct living areas. Seems to give each of us some personal space. Carol sits in the back with the dogs & reads while I play with the computer or read at the dinette table. This "space" is especially important to us on longer trips.
We almost never watch TV so having a good TV viewing spot isn't an issue for us.
For us, the major selling point are the three wonderful windows in the rear.
In campgrounds, the best view tends to be to the rear of the campsite; not the front. All you see out front is the street. We have enjoyed some of the most wonderful views from the rear living area.
We also like the bathroom door that opens towards the wardrobe. When opened, the entire rear of the coach becomes the bath/dressing area.

ed

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 87566
We live in San Clemente.
Mike
Nice, does not get any better then San Clemente.

We live in Redondo Beach 51.7 miles from the Mothership.

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 87568
Yes, Ed, I like your style.

Some great views I bet out the rear windowns.

We are leaning towards the MB. Blue sure is pretty.

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 87574
"In campgrounds, the best view tends to be to the rear of the campsite; not the front. All you see out front is the street."

And all you see out the sides are your neighbors. Yup, I absolutely agree. (But I know not everyone cares as much about panoramic views as I do.)

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 87576
"And all you see out the sides are your neighbors. Yup, I absolutely agree. (But I know not everyone cares as much about panoramic views as I do.) "

Well you guys, I have to disagree a bit here (imagine that!)

We have the best of both worlds, huge windows on each side in the living room and wrap arounds in the back (30TB) and we almost always have view out both venues.  This has held true in every place we've parked except for a few actual "RV Parks" (Hidden Valley in Tijeras, most others have been inside city RV parks).

In almost every state park as well as here at Birdwatchers, we have view on 3 sides.  We may have to jockey the rig a bit to attain this, but it's not that much of a hassle, well worth it.  I watch the sunrise from the living room every morning here in San Antonio while Terry sleeps in in the back of the rig with the wraparounds.  The sunrises are stupendous and viewing wouldn't be possible without the large windows on both sides of the living room
 I only mention it because views are REALLY important to me also and I just want folks to know tat the only good views aren't out the back.

Kate

Want to find us? Click below, we're #3096 http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=3096

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 87579
"We have the best of both worlds,...as well as here at
Birdwatchers, we have view on 3 sides.

Kate

Kate

Since you've been there in San Antonio, have you had an oportunity to partake of the hamburgers served in the old hotel. I've heard (second hand) that they are something special. I also understand that that is the original Hilton establishment, owned and operated by Mr. Hilton the elder and was where Conrad got his start. Please confirm!

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

order or not to order-Now San Antonio NM-Off Topic
Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 87584
Steve
 The burgers aren't at the hotel (which is no longer here) but at the Buckhorn, a little cafe that Gentleman's Quarterly voted the 7th best burger

Reply #20
Yahoo Message Number: 87593
By renewing online, you'll receive the sticker and registration within a few days; paste the date sticker on and go! ???

Joan
Even better, from a renewal standpoint, if you belong to AAA in California (CSAA) (i.e. have their roadside assistance) you can register at the CSAA office in person and walk out the door with your registration and vehicle tag in hand.  It's better than the DMV.

Suzanne Martin
Wannabe in Sonoma

Re: order or not to order-Now San Antonio NM-Off Topic
Reply #21
Yahoo Message Number: 87594
Are you talking about San Antonio NM or San Antonio TX?  We're in NM and the whole town pretty much consists os 2 restaurants, a gas station and a small mini mart.

Texas maybe?

Kate

Reply #22
Yahoo Message Number: 87600
Steve and Kate,
 I don't know about the hamburgers in the hotel in San Antonio, but if you are ever in that area, you should try the hamburgers at the cafe in Bracken, a few miles north of San Antonio.  (The old town of Bracken is only a few buildings, so it is not hard to find the only cafe.)
 The hamburgers are the old-fashioned grill type, thick and greasy, and good enough that on several occasions we have seen trains parked on the railroad siding beside the cafe, diesel engines running, while the train crews were in the cafe having their hamburgers. The cafe itself is a trip into history.

Barry 2001 Red RB, TX Where are we?  http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=122

Re: order or not to order-Now San Antonio NM-Off Topic
Reply #24
Yahoo Message Number: 87603
Kate,

Try the Owl Cafe for a green chile cheeseburger!

In NM , not Texas!

Gordon Ross