Skip to main content
Topic: Deminisions (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic
Deminisions
Yahoo Message Number: 87098
wrote: "I'm considering leaving the Sofa out of a new MB and installing a Computer Desk along the rear wall of the Shower." --- Joe, someone with that model will provide accurate dimensions (or you can look at the spec sheet on the LD website), but I hope you plan to remove the sofa and put a computer desk in as a DIY project *after* you take delivery; unless things have changed dramatically (and past a very few minor "leave-out" possibilities that don't include the sofa), the factory builds what/how the factory builds!

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Re: Deminisions
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 87101
A.  Call the Mothership...they will give you any dimension you need...how do I know...before we ordered or even flew to CA to kick LD tires (and to see LDs, for the first time), I called to get the height inside the shower...a deal breaker question...and I got the Production Manager called to the phone by Ms. Vicki and the answer was immediate and graciously delivered.

B.  Look at Andy Baird's website...he has made this modification (desk for sofa on an MB).

Tina P 2006 MB "Wild Thing" In a Shady Spot in FL...Did the Ice Storm of '98...Not Doing It Again
 "Joe C. Morison" joe.c.morrison@...> wrote:                               I'm considering leaving the Sofa out of a new MB and installing a Computer Desk along the rear wall of the Shower. Does anyone happen to know the deminisions of this wall?  As I look at the floor plan and the Coach Specifications it looks something like the Sofa is about 50" and the wall width is about the same, but this is only a guess. Can anyone confirm this before I make any kind of a commitment.
Thanks a bunch.
Joe C. Morrison

Looking for last minute shopping deals?  Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
2006 MB

Re: Midbath computer desk (was "Dimensions")
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 87103
"I'm considering leaving the Sofa out of a new MB and installing a Computer Desk along the rear wall of the Shower. Does anyone happen to know the deminisions of this wall?"
 In my 2003 midbath, the space is 73" from the rear wall of the coach to the rear wall of the shower enclosure; and 26" from the streetside wall of the coach to the outer edge of the shower. In other words, The space available for a desk in that location is 73" wide by 26" deep, once the sofa/bed on that side is removed. (Lazy Daze will not omit the sofa--they're not in the build-to-order business--so you'll have to take it out yourself. It's not too hard to do.)

Take a look at this web page on my Skylarking site:

http://www.andybaird.com/travels/skylarking/new-home/upgrade-frenzy.htm>
 It shows how I built a computer desk in that location. I wrapped the desk around onto the rear wall, providing extra workspace without interfering with the use of the curbside sofa/bed. Construction was simple; it's just a couple slabs of plywood resting on a two-drawer file cabinet and some wall-mounted wooden cleats.
 The page also shows the steps in removing the sofa/bed. I reused most of the wood and hardware, providing (among other things) a shelf under the desk that holds my outlet strips, USB hub, and other electrical gear.

Because removing the sofa exposes one of the outside compartment doors, I placed layers of Reflectix and 1" rigid insulating foam on that wall to keep the space under the desk from getting chilly. I keep a small electric "cube" heater down there as well, which does a great job of warming my feet and lower body in cold weather.

Another alternative worth considering is a rubber footwarming mat.
Fern Horst of this group reports that it does a great job, and it uses a fraction of the 750 watts consumed by my little heater.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Re: Midbath computer desk (was "Dimensions")
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 87105
I ordered our 2000 MB as the Rear Lounge but with only one chair and no cabinet.