Skip to main content
Topic: Santa Paula GTG (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Santa Paula GTG
Yahoo Message Number: 86930
For those of you going to Santa Paula, you might enjoy a visit to the Glen Tavern Inn.   It is a real gem!   My Great Uncle (Charles Estep) owned it for many, many years.   I spent a lot of time there as a child with my eccentric Charles.   He was a local curiosity.   Legend has it, that is haunted...and I wouldn't be a bit surprised at that.   It was a fun, but creepy place, when I was a kid.   Very dark, and Alfred Hitchcock like, to a young boy.   A very lovely bit of Olde England when I was last there.

Gary, in Chico, CA

Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest products.
 (http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?NCID=aoltop00030000000001)

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Santa Paula GTG
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 87041
Any 'new' news on the planned  Santa Paula get together? We're packing up, getting ready and really excited! This will be our first REAL outing other than our visits to Silent Valley ( only 12 miles away). We are looking forward to meeting all of you, learning from those of you with soooo much more RVing experience than we have and having a good time! See you this weekend ya'all! Pat and Dale Everman

Never miss a thing.  Make Yahoo your home page.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: Santa Paula GTG
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 87070
Hi Pat & Dale. Looking forward to mweeting you.
Here is the Food for our Saturday night potluck: Jeanne: "crudite's" (raw veggies) and dip Jerry: Chicken Adobo and rice Terry sez: I specialize
Jerry Galang
Meridian, ID 83646

Santa Paula GTG
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 87284
Hi All -

Just wanted to thank Jerry for setting up the LD Santa Paula outing.  Not only did I have fun, but Rico Suave and Smudge thoroughly enjoyed themselves.  It was great meeting the faces/rigs/dogs/cats behind the names on this group.

Now my Mom, on the other hand, was absolutely THRILLED with the trip!! I'm surprised she can still talk.  She loved everyone, had a great surprise b'day party, didn't mention any aches/pains.  In fact, I know she wanted to keep going!

The other item to share, our local camp host/resident patrol agent stated that this bunch of LD'rs were the nicest group he has had.. well, we are Lazy Dazers!!!  It was a great compliment.

Also, Mom came up with MORE Lazy Daze songs on the way home!

Thanks again!

Lisa and Blue soon on our way back to AZ

Re: Santa Paula GTG
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 87286
Lisa, your mom was a kick and I am so glad she had a great time.
 Our three little 'furkids' slept all the way home, tired from all the fun times they had.

We look forward to seeing you all again.

Denise

Santa Paula GTG
Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 87300
WOW! What a great time! The weekend just went by waaaaay to fast!!! I agree Lazy Dazer's are exceptional people and really good cooks too! We are really looking forward to our future GTG's and meeting even more terrific Dazers.
Next time we'll bring our mug and a half pup "Newt" (supposed to be a tea cup) so that we can continue are Pets on Parade! Happy Travels, Pat and Dale

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.  http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping