Skip to main content
Topic: Upper baggage compartment leak (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
Upper baggage compartment leak
Yahoo Message Number: 86921
Our 06 30' IB leaks a bit on the drivers side upper compartment at the rear.
 When compared to the passengers side the door appears to protrude out more at the bottom when shut. I looked at the latch and short of bending the flat metal bar I don't see how to snug that fit up.
 The rubber gasket appears to be fine. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Jim

Re: Upper baggage compartment leak
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 86923
When compared to the passengers side the door appears to protrude out more at the bottom when shut. I looked at the latch and short of bending the flat metal bar I don't see how to snug that fit up.
Without using the latch, will the door close fully? If so, can you remove the metal bar and reverse it (only works if the bar is offset the wrong way)?

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 86936
Jim:
 While I'm not commenting  on any previous posts, if your issue with leaks on your '06 IB are within the 12 month period of initial factory purchase or you have notified same within the 12 month period (at which point they stop the clock), please, please, please, go with the factory recommendation before you begin field repairs.
 We have an '06 26.5 MB, D/O/B 3/27/07, and have a couple of small issues which have been e-mailed to and put in our file by Steve.  I would also recommend to anyone that in this day of digital photos and the ease of e-mail that relevant photos accompany requests and comments.  Wonderful documentation all around.
 I must say that while I am currently on my 3rd Saturn owing to the ease of purchase and quality of service (and general "Mam"ing of the help), no matter how many checks on the service I have received from the local dealer, I have never once received an e-mail from the dealership owner/general manager about service/issues...but I sure have received an e-mail from Steve on every question/issue we've had, not to mention the "coming to the phone" by Tim Pease (our much missed Production Manager) to answer pre-order questions, such as "What is the interior height of the shower of the 30' IB and the 26.5 MB?"  (The answer/s had deal-breaker potential, but no one but my husband and I knew that).

Tina P "Wild Thing" 26.5 MB 2005 Silver

Jim jcgc50@...> wrote:                               Our 06 30' IB leaks a bit on the drivers side upper compartment at the rear.
 The rubber gasket appears to be fine. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Jim

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
2006 MB

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 86938
Without using the latch, will the door close fully? If so, can you remove the metal bar and reverse it (only works if the bar is offset the wrong way)?

Steve

Steve,
 Not sure I understand what you mean. If you let the door down on its on it hangs slightly out at the bottom. Since the metal bar appears to be flat or level I don't see how flipping it will change anything.

Jim

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]