Skip to main content
Topic: Ciao Baby Curtains - Kitchen, Bath, & Shower (Read 17 times) previous topic - next topic
Ciao Baby Curtains - Kitchen, Bath, & Shower
Yahoo Message Number: 86415
Ciao Baby got a little dressed up for Thanksgiving this year!  Her 8- piece Texas flag bathroom set off Ebay arrived.

Shower curtain:  The Texas flag shower curtain was hung with 12 little Texas flag shower curtain hooks.  Snazzy!
 Bathroom curtain:  Included in my big Ebay win was one big bath towel with scratchy TX flags on the bottom- not too comfy for drying off.
Thick.  Navy.  I thought of Andy's idea that if the bath curtain were terry cloth, you could dry your hands on the curtain.  Voila!  The towel became the curtain!  It was cut, hot glued the top edge, hung with the clip hooks on a nice rod (thanks Andy!) and velcro will hold the corners in place (still have to do).

I also hung one of the clip hooks behind the rod support so you can zing the curtain closed and it will not slide open on the far side.
The curtain compresses well when opening because of the clip hooks (it would not if gathered on the rod because it's too thick).
 The hot glue gun was spied on the countertop while I was pulling out yet another row of stitching and it was the perfect solution.  Very quick and just a few burns.  The curtain is completely blackout.  I can see more sunlight now when it is open because the previous valance blocked some of the window.  We will not miss those aluminum mini-blinds for a single second.
 Finally, kitchen curtains:  More "stars at night" themed material.  I also bought "bargain black out material" at the fabric store for about $6 a yard, 60" wide.  I made the curtains split at the middle, each side is 80" wide because the window is 50" wide and doubled was too fru-fru.  The blackout material adds a lot of stiffness to the curtains and it is effective.

got a pewter curtain rod at Home Depot for about $12 (matches the faucet).  I will add some tie-backs with Velcro to secure them out of the way.  Both curtains can slide to the left when using the stove on the right.  The smoke alarms already shriek "FIRE!" when I cook- I sure don't need any real curtain fire.  :)
 One more note:  Because of the thickness of the kitchen curtains with the blackout material, I made the opening for the curtain rod about 3" so that it could compress easier than it would with a smaller opening.  Because of the stove vent hanging down and then the rod mounted below that, clip hooks would hang the curtain too low and not provide privacy.

And now, as a reward for reading all this, you can admire her new curtains pictured here, if you like:  http://snipurl.com/1uaql>

And YES.  I do indeed have a laminated picture of Ciao Baby in my wallet now.

Obsessed with her RV,

Tessa in TX '92 MB – Ciao Baby!

Re: Ciao Baby Curtains - Kitchen, Bath, & Shower
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 86417
Ciao Baby got a little dressed up for Thanksgiving this year! Her 8- piece Texas flag bathroom set off Ebay arrived.

Tessa
 Everything looks super!  I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you!

Kate http://cholulared.blogspot.com &

http://www.cholulared.com

Want to find us? Click below, we're #3096 http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=3096

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: The stars at night .....deep in the heart of TEXAS ..mystery bo
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 86421
---

Tessa in TX '92 MB – Ciao Baby!
Tessa, thank you for sharing the pictures of your very custom interior of your LD.

I really like the cabover star curtain. It looks great.

Something in your pictures made me very curious.  What is that box just to the right of the drivers seat that has wires coming out the side and what looks like a gear shift lever on the top? A controller for levelers?  A control for a gear splitter?

The factory sells a set of padded covers for the MB that includes: cabover side windows, escape hatch, midships vent, couch area vent (fantastic fan), and bathroom fan vent.  They attach with both snaps and adhesive velcro.  In my case, the some of adhesive velcro has tended to migrate or fall off.  My guess would be that it is likely that a set made for a new LD would probably also fit your 92, but call the factory to make sure.  We have cut rigid foam blocks to place behind the these padded covers and use the foam blocks in very hot or cold weather.

Best Wishes,

Ken in San Diego