Skip to main content
Topic: SLO county Solar - and our 'new 02 23ft FT Gracie! (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
SLO county Solar - and our 'new 02 23ft FT Gracie!
Yahoo Message Number: 86394
To Camille, I just thought I would let you know that I've heard that there is a solar company in the county that is not good. Poor business practices in the least. Be very careful if you do have this done locally. And if you find a good place here and have it done, give us an update.

Garth and I would love to put a solar system in our new to us 2002 23ft front dinette 'Gracie' one day, but we figure it will be when we can have it done with the people/company recomended here on the list.

We did get a great deal on the FD and we bought it surprisingly at an RV dealership in Napa. She is in like new condition with few miles and I know we really lucked out finding her. But of course, it was still a lot more money than we sold our dear 87 22ft RL Daisy for.

We talked to the new owners of 'Daisy' and they just got back from taking her to Oregon to see their brand new grandchild! Said she did great! Yeah! But oh my, how we are enjoying 'Gracie'!!

Denise and Garth-> Who are still scanning the list still for tips and ideas on her care And who are looking forward to meeting other LD lovers soon at the Dec GTG near Santa Paula
Posted by: "coffeediva1"    coffeediva1 Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:18 pm (PST) Hello all. We recently purchased a 1990 22' TK that needs new house batteries. Our LD does NOT have a generator, and we've talked about installing solar. Has anyone used this package from Costco? It sounds good, tho I'm not sure if the $1700 is a great buy or not. I'm including the URL link to the costco site as well as their description. Thanks for any input/feedback you might have. -- Camille, proud owner of 1990 LD "R-VILLA"

Re: SLO county Solar - and our 'new 02 23ft FT Gracie!
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 86395
---  "Denise"  wrote:

We did get a great deal on the FD and we bought it surprisingly at an RV dealership in Napa. She is in like new condition with few miles and I know we really lucked out finding her.

Congratulations on your "new" LD, Denise.  You did get a great deal! Some friends were going to check out that '02 FD the day you bought it.  They're really looking for a TK, but wanted to see the FD floorplan just for reference.

Happy travels, Andrew 1999 23.5' TK, SF Bay Area
Andrew
2008 Rear Bath
(previously 1999 TK)

Re: SLO county Solar - and our 'new 02 23ft FT Gracie!
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 86403
Denise, That is so cool! Steve and Carol are friends from our coffeehouse and I told them to check Craigslist for your RV listing! I love that.
Who is the company I should beware of? I think we'll just do the batteries for now, add the solar later. We only have time to go away one or two nights here and there.
R-Villa is a gem;  took her to Avila Friday and SHell beach on Sunday. She fits everywhere! Perfect for us.
AND, I recarpeted her in an afternoon! Best to you. I'm taking R-Villa to see "Tuffy" the RV guy here in AG on Monday of next week to go over all her systems. Hope to meet you, Garth and Gracie sometime soon. A Central Coast Lazy Daze gathering is in our future I'll bet.
Take care and keep me posted-- Camille

Camille, SLO and our 'new' rigs - !
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 86411
Hi Camille, Thank you for sending them our way. They are very nice, and right here