Skip to main content
Topic: 4,500 mile journey with 3 boys  (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
4,500 mile journey with 3 boys
Yahoo Message Number: 487
Hi everyone! We just returned from our first extended trip in our 1995 midbath Lazy Daze. Started in Poway, CA and headed through Las Vegas, into Utah with our first notable stop at Craters of the Moon Nat'l Monument-very interesting! Next onto Glacer Nat'l Park with jet skiing and river rafting on the way(keeping the teenagers happy).Glacier was spectacular! We had to park the rig and rent a car in east Glacier to drive into the park( 21 foot length restriction to go over the Logan Pass summit)great hike at the top at the visitors center. I would return there in a minute-many beautiful day hikes, alpine meadows, and wildlife. We headed to Banff and Lake Louise-thoroughly enjoying the beauty of the areas. Saw an elk with a full set of antlers six feet from the road( a side road, speed limit 3o, next to tha main road). The Canadian Rockies were magnificent-so many water falls with such great force! Next, we were on to Vancouver,( be sure to put a small amt. of water in a clear cup before filling your tank, as we filled up with essentially, black water in Vancouver-had to dump, fill/add bleach/dump and refill). Also, we learned the hard way where the gray water goes when over full. Our cruise clothes were packed in the shower. Had to do laundry. Next, we took a ferry to Victoria, watched the Canada Day fireworks at Buchart Gardens-I've never seen such a display! Found a campsite nearby, right on the bluffs of the Puget Sound-I wanted to stay a week, but on to Alaska.
I Vancouver, we took a break from the motorhome and climbed onto a cruise ship to Alaska- my better half was the Doc on the ship so we went up to Glacier Bay 2 times( its a two week commitment). After they rolled us down the gang plank,(2 weeks of buffets) we started our return journey home.
First stop, Mt. St. Helens- a definite high point of the trip, tremendous visitor centers, hikes and wildflowers! On to the Oregon coast, dune buggy riding and lighthouses, Oregon caves and finally a brief stop in Founders Grove in the California Redwoods. Whew! Our Lazy Daze performed flawlessly. We saw 5 others on the road. Once, while sitting in a restaurant in Tacoma, some people walked in, started waving and saying hello to us, asking, " Is that your motorhome? We have one too!" They were on their way to Alaska from Orange county, via the Alcan Highway. Now that is a trip! I

just wanted to share our journey with the club -it's the only way to travel! Hope to see you on the road- be sure and wave.
Susan
Susan Wilson
'95 MB
'03  Front Lounge
'15   TK
‘21 MB