Skip to main content
Topic: Used 97 26.5 mb in Bend, OR (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic
Used 97 26.5 mb in Bend, OR
Yahoo Message Number: 457
Hi all,

I told you I would share my hunt for a LD and here is comes.

About 6 months ago I got real serious about a motor home purchase. I first joined RV COnsumer Group ( RV.org ) I read the RV Rating Book from cover to cover. I got the material from LD and a couple other makers. We liked the rear lounge best and started looking for a used unit.

I went to my local library and copied the LD pages out of the NADA book.

At the same time I was haunting rvtrader.com and all the other used RV sites that I could find. I noticed that early 80's units were asking two to three times high book. The newer units that were in the 90's were asking 25 to 50 percent over high book. I wanted a unit with the 14,000lb chasis because of the amount of sailboard gear that we carry along with a 500 cc MC.

I went to all the RV dealers in Central Oregon and told them what I wanted. I left cards with them to remind them of what I was looking for. I missed an 83 22' unit at a dealer two blocks from my home when they sold it to one of their family members. It went for $10,800 with 46K miles.

I second salesperson called me and told me that they had a unit comming in that I might like. She described it to me and I ran down to the lot and sight unseen put something down to hold the unit for approval.
It took two weeks before the sellers new unit arrived and we were able to look at the unit. It was everything the sales person said and we finalized the deal.
I offerd 10 percent over high book and they took it. $40,000 for almost new looking LD with 32K miles

I'll give you more later after we have made a few trips but the story is keep looking and look close to home first and in places you dont expect.

Hunting pays off.

Sterling