Skip to main content
Topic: 12 volt hair dryers (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
12 volt hair dryers
Yahoo Message Number: 66738
Has anyone purchased a 12 volt hair dryer?  Are they any good? Looking at one in camping world catalog.  Want to be able to dry my hair when dry camping.

Verna (26.5 mid bath-Charcoal Chariot-06)

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: 12 volt hair dryers
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 66743
Has anyone purchased a 12 volt hair dryer?  Are they any good? Looking at one in camping world catalog.  Want to be able to dry my hair when dry camping.

Verna (26.5 mid bath-Charcoal Chariot-06)
Verna, there is info in the searchable archives on this subject.  Might start with Linda's message 60326 Joe Hamm-San Jose

Re: 12 volt hair dryers
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 66763
Has anyone purchased a 12 volt hair dryer?  Are they any good? Looking at one in camping world catalog.  Want to be able to dry my hair
You can't win - if it supplied enough heat to actually dry your hair in a reasonable amount of time, it would seriously deplete your batteries. Most I have seen would do a poor job on your hair AND use too many A-hr of battery charge for us. A good rule of thumb is to never use any electric heating device while dry-camped. Bring standard 120 VAC appliances for those times you will have hookups, or can find them in the cg bathroom, etc.

Nancy uses a super-absorbant towel for her hair for most of our camping, and standing under the FF set to high intake helps too. She also has a butane-powered curling iron, and hunkers down by our cat heater in cold weather while drying.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: 12 volt hair dryers
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 66769
Steve,

Thanks for the information.  My husband agrees also.  Will not buy hair dryer.  Usually I can dry my hair in the sun dry camping.  Was not sure how much it drained the batteries.

Verna

aq433 aq433@...> wrote:

> Has anyone purchased a 12 volt hair dryer?  Are they any good? Looking at one in camping world catalog.  Want to be able to dry my hair
You can't win - if it supplied enough heat to actually dry your hair in a reasonable amount of time, it would seriously deplete your batteries. Most I have seen would do a poor job on your hair AND use too many A-hr of battery charge for us. A good rule of thumb is to never use any electric heating device while dry-camped. Bring standard 120 VAC appliances for those times you will have hookups, or can find them in the cg bathroom, etc.

Nancy uses a super-absorbant towel for her hair for most of our camping, and standing under the FF set to high intake helps too. She also has a butane-powered curling iron, and hunkers down by our cat heater in cold weather while drying.

Steve

SPONSORED LINKS Recreational vehicles   Automotive maintenance   Recreational vehicle dealer     Used recreational vehicles   Automotive radiators

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]