Skip to main content
Topic: Safe buying and selling (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Safe buying and selling
Yahoo Message Number: 66669
Personal experience and reading the forum suggest that most everyone is nervous about the safety and convenience of various ways to complete transactions.
 Although I have no personal experience of them, I know that there are escrow services available to facilitate things. One LD'er here wrote:

Msg # 59020 Date: 2005-10-13 04:53:00
 Subject: Re: 2002 30' IB for Sale in Lincoln City, Oregon - $59K
 Sender: klaburnerc

This rig sold for $58K which is about 3K over high book. Another reason to buy a Lazy Daze - the resale value is excellent.
 I heartily recommend Escrow.com. Real life help and excellent customer service. Worked like a charm for this somewhat complicated sale.
 BTW, in a few months it will live in Europe. It has to be one of the few, perhaps the only LD on the Continent.
 Has anyone else used this service? It seems like this would solve all the problems discussed here. But as its marketed for somewhat different types of transactions (i.e. those at a distance and done on ebay, mostly) than we've been talking about - I don't know that they're flexible enough to accomodate face-to-face deals.

One big extra they offer is title insurance for vehicles that would avoid a forged document problem that's been mentioned here several times. It would also protect against flood-damaged vehicles that aren't titled as such.

I want to be clear that I have no personal experience with or connection to these companies. But, they look like they could solve this issue, and I'd really appreciate the input of some folks who have ued them.

Rick Lewis KWTB