Skip to main content
Topic: Memory Foam topper question (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Memory Foam topper question
Yahoo Message Number: 66585
Good morning.  We purchased a memory foam topper for the queen bed in our previous trailer.  My son is claiming the cabover bed.  My husband and I will sleep on the queen/king bed on the couches below.  We would like to utilize the memory foam.  However, where is the best place to store it? Above in the cabover during the day.  It is hard to store or should we bag the idea altogether?

Thanks, CK

Re: Memory Foam topper question
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 66590
Good morning.  We purchased a memory foam topper ...the queen/king
bed on the couches below.  It is hard to store or

should we bag the idea altogether?

Thanks, CK
CK,
 Karen and I have the same situation except with a daughter and have a topper for ourselves.  We store it in the cap over bed along with the bedding from both beds.  No problems.  Takes seconds and we love it

Terry Reitz 23.5 TK

Re: Memory Foam topper question
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 66640
Hi,
 I use a 3" memory foam topper, which I roll up every morning and use as a soft and squishy bolster about 15"

Memory Foam topper question
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 66595
Bob & Becky - We have found the sofas very uncomfortable sleeping and are just about to buy the Costco toppers as you did for the sofas.  My concern was about the "rollability" of the foam.  Does it roll up fairly tight like to the size of a sleeping bag? Do you have to tie it to keep it from unrolling?  What about when you roll it back out at night - does the foam retain its resilience even though it has been rolled up?  Thx.  brewster

_____

[Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Memory Foam topper question
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 66596
brewster, They roll up pretty tight - about 20 inches in diameter (bigger than a standard sleeping bag).  We use a buckled strap to hold each roll tight, if you don't, they will unroll on you - and then it's like wrestling a giant marshmallow :o)
 No problems with the rolling back out, we've noticed no difference in resilience since we've been using them (about 1 year).  We had them rolled up all winter while the LD was in storage and they were fine first time out this year.

They do make the couches much more comfortable and we feel they are worth the extra effort and taking up storage space.

Good luck, Bob & Becky Albuquerque, NM 2003 MB

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Memory Foam topper question
Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 66614
I bouth the king size, but now wish we would have bought two twin size.

After 20 or so "fold up and put above the cab" procedures, the foam has a 12" tear (and growing every move) where I fold it.  I have not tried to roll it, but I will this weekend.

Another reason for the twins would be better for me is I often travel solo to trade shows and pull out only one couch instead of both.

Rick

[Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Memory Foam topper question
Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 66618
Because we of our heights (John is 6'5" and I am 5'2") and our aging dog's need to go out at night, we use the couches in a configuration where the longer one is a full sized bed and the shorter one is a twin size.  Allows for about a 12" walkway in between.  I bought the 1 1/2" memory foam with covers at WalMart in full and twin sizes, and we leave them on the beds with blue flannel fitted sheets. We use down comforters with duvet covers which we put away during the day, along with our pillows.  The sheets blend in with the "country blue" decor and look fine.  I do need to trim about 5" off the twin one, which I will do now that we are at home and my sewing machine is available to alter the cover.

Aetna & John 2001 MB