Skip to main content
Topic: Question for bumper (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Question for bumper
Yahoo Message Number: 66435
bumper,
 When you posted your original LD battery box picture, you called it a mess with all of the undressed wires. Have you taken a picture of the final product that you can post or e-mail me?

Thanks,

Jay Reitz
As much as we enjoy our adventures the dogs enjoy it more. That's why the name on Horatio's dedication plaque reads "For the Boys" past and present: Rommel, Patton, Teddy, Tudor and Arthur.

Re: Question for bumper
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 66436
bumper,

When you posted your original LD battery box picture, you called
it a

mess with all of the undressed wires. Have you taken a picture of the final product that you can post or e-mail me?

Thanks,

Jay Reitz
No, I haven't taken post install pictures - - yet!

It's not exactly a mess, but there is a lot of stuff going on. The Prosine "shunt" is mounted at the upper left front, so there's a really big wire going from battery negative to that. On battery positive, there's the large wire going to the Prosine inverter and a relatively short jumber that runs down the side of the battery for a few inches to end in a lug "cluster" with several other wires bolted together and insulated at this point. This takes several cables off the top of the battery and cleans things up a bit.

My battery tray does not slide out more than a few inches easily.
Mostly this is due to the size of the 4/0 (I think) ground wire.
Removing the ground wire from the shunt lug or battery post allows it to come out for battery replacement etc. A Pro-Fill makes this all functional as far as servicing the batteries is concerned.

After explaining all that, it sounds like I'm darn luck to just be able to close the battery compartment door (g).

all the best,

bumper
bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer

Re: Question for bumper
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 66471
Thanks bumper,
 I have been looking, crawling around and measuring our 2005 RK to find a home for the Prosine 2.0 and two more batteries. Your installation has given me push up the learning curve.

Thanks again,

Jay Reitz
As much as we enjoy our adventures the dogs enjoy it more. That's why the name on Horatio's dedication plaque reads "For the Boys" past and present: Rommel, Patton, Teddy, Tudor and Arthur.