Skip to main content
Topic: Vibrating Passenger Seat---A Solution (Long) (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
Vibrating Passenger Seat---A Solution (Long)
Yahoo Message Number: 66381
This is a follow-up on the result of replacing the standard seat base with the heavier Kustom Fit swivel base to help alleviate a severe vibration problem in the passenger seat in my 2004 Ford E-450 Lazy Daze motor home.
Will,

Interesting.
 My '05 26 Mid-Bath has no vibration problem with the pax seat at all, though I'm not doubting you one bit. A few others have posted here about this problem too.
 Since the vibration occurs on all road surfaces, I'd assume this isn't the source. Thus, it must be from a rotating mass in the MH . . . perhaps the drive line? Whatever it is, it seems the original LD seat structure is resonant at the frequency of the vibration source.

I have an Aces 2020 computer balancer that, besides dynamically balancing rotating things like airplane propellers, provides a spectral analysis of vibration frequency and amplitude. Did you have anyone run any tests to determine the source?

Installing a heavier seat mount would not address the source of imbalance, only dampen it by changing the resonant frequency of the seat.

all the best,

bumper
bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer

Re: Vibrating Passenger Seat---A Solution (Long)
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 66395
"Well, the drive shaft would vibrate at such a high frequency as to be undetectible in the seat; it could be a natural vibration frequency that the coach floor is tuned in to, but a real suspicion would be tire balance problem of some sort" above quote from a systems engineer and occasional "lurker" my least favorite response from the guys in the garage: "that's normal, they all do it" Em

My '05 26 Mid-Bath has no vibration problem with the pax seat
at all,

though I'm not doubting you one bit. A few others have posted here about this problem too.

Since the vibration occurs on all road surfaces, I'd assume this
isn't

the source. Thus, it must be from a rotating mass in the MH . . . perhaps the drive line? Whatever it is, it seems the original LD seat