Skip to main content
Topic: Vibrating Passenger Seat---A Solutio (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic
Vibrating Passenger Seat---A Solutio
Yahoo Message Number: 66376
omofi170 omofi170@...> wrote:    "The following letter has been sent:

Steve Newton Lazy Daze, Inc.
4303 Mission Blvd.
Montclair, CA 91763 Dear Steve This is a follow-up on the result of replacing the standard seat base with the heavier Kustom Fit swivel base to help alleviate a severe vibration problem in the passenger seat in my 2004 Ford E-450 Lazy Daze motor home.
 and I'll be glad to share this letter and my experiences with them.
Sincerely,
This is additional information: To improve the riding comfort,  I also have lowered the tire pressures, had the usual tire balance and front end alignment, added memory foam front seat cushions, and added rear air bags. I had the air bags added when I had the levelers installed. I don't know if the air bags do much good or not, but at the time I was going to try anything that might help. I have made a mental note also to look at the recently mentioned Koni shock absorbers at some future time.
References: Butterfield Interiors 8458 Loma Place Upland, CA 91786 909-982-6770 They make the upholstery for Lazy Daze, upholstering the Seat frames as supplied to them. Ask for Al or Judy. They ordered the seat base for me and it was shipped to me from Kustom Fit Kustom Fit                  .
8990 Atlantic Ave.
Box 3004 South Gate, CA 90280 323-564-4481      .
They furnished the replacement metal seat base #3427 This is heavier than the stardard base and has a solid metal floor plate. The existing seat bolts onto this and this bolts onto the floor using existing fasteners. You wiill need a #55 torx bit (auto parts or hardware store item) for the front base. The swiveling aspect of the replacement base is minimal and irrelevant; it's the weight and solid base plate that seems to matter. The standard seat base by contrast is much lighter and bolts onto the floor by four separate legs.

Comment: This was a major, major problem, and I was ready to go to any length to resolve it, or get rid of the LD, much as I like it and despite all the time, money, and effort I've put into it. It is a pure delight now to see my wife sitting comfortable and relaxed on a drive.
Anybody wants to contact me about this off forum, I'm at omofi170 at yahoo.com.
Will 2004 23.5 TK PS: I always thought that the pained expression on her face when we were underway was just from traveling with me."

Hi Will- We also had a severe vibrating seat that was solved by installing the rotating seat base from Kustom Fit. Then, last week we had Koni RV shocks installed & now the ride is enjoyable for everyone- the shocks are adjustable.
Paula D.
2002MB

SPONSORED LINKS Recreational vehicles   Automotive maintenance   Recreational vehicle dealer     Used recreational vehicles   Automotive radiators

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls.  Great rates starting at 1ยข/min.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]