Skip to main content
Topic: The Saga of Hall LD continues... (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
The Saga of Hall LD continues...
Yahoo Message Number: 66324
Hi all, just had the unit steam-cleaned from top to bottom (they forgot the inside closet carpet but I will soak it in Febreze or take it out and put another piece in.
 Wow, it brightened the whole place up!  There still is some yellowing but it does not look grungy yellowing anymore...actually could look like it was meant to be that way! The valances came out great too (I think they missed the one over the door).
 Anyhow, they worked on it for three hours.  Now, I can finish washing the walls and rehang the valances.  Then I will run the ozone machine in it for two days, then Febreze the heck out of it.

We do plan on repainting it but that will be next year's project, maybe reupholster too. I am getting some of the dirt off the walls but there will be that yellowish color to it.  Might as well be painted off-white!
 I think that it is getting close to where I can actually live in it!

CK

Re: The Saga of Hall LD continues...
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 66332
Hi all, just had the unit steam-cleaned from top to bottom (they forgot the inside closet carpet but I will soak it in Febreze or take it out and put another piece in.

Wow, it brightened the whole place up!  There still is some yellowing but it does not look grungy yellowing anymore...actually could look like it was meant to be that way! The valances came out great too
(I

think they missed the one over the door).

Anyhow, they worked on it for three hours.  Now, I can finish washing the walls and rehang the valances.  Then I will run the ozone machine in it for two days, then Febreze the heck out of it.

We do plan on repainting it but that will be next year's project, maybe reupholster too. I am getting some of the dirt off the walls but there will be that yellowish color to it.  Might as well be painted off-white!

I think that it is getting close to where I can actually live in
it!

CK Didnt the dealer you bought it from clean it up it sounds like you
have been doing alot or work......Jody.
2009 Kodiak 32 foot Island Bed

Re: The Saga of Hall LD continues...
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 66333
Hi Jody, we bought it on a consignment lot.  Chassis and outside are great.  Oven and stove never fired.  However, the gentleman who owned it put pexiglass over the windows and they smoked it