Skip to main content
Topic: Leaking kitchen faucet (Read 13 times) previous topic - next topic
Leaking kitchen faucet
Yahoo Message Number: 66312
Hi...we have a 2005 RK with about 4600 miles on it. We've used it about 6 or 7 trips (mostly short but one two-weeker).  We're getting it going after winter (not too cold in Portland, Oregon) and have found that the kitchen faucet around the small and large buttons for the spray is leaking..considerably.  Has this happened to anyone else after a period of non use?  Is there any other fix but to change out the whole faucet?  Where has one purchased a replacement for the LD Danze faucet?

Thanks for the help.  Looking forward to learning more about the personal touches folks have made to their LD's at the Cheyenne event!

Cathy Krieger

Re: Leaking kitchen faucet
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 66314
Hi Cathy, we just got a used LD and the owner switched out the faucets with home fixtures he got from Home Depot.  They look great.  That may be a consideration for you if they need to be swapped out.

CK

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 66316
Cathy,
 I can't help you with the leaking buttons, as we don't have sprayer on out 2001.

We did replace the original kitchen faucet with one we bought at Camping World.  It was not problem at all to change.  It also had the advantage over the original faucet of being a high-rise, allowing larger containers to be put under the faucet.

Good luck.

Barry 01 r rb tx (Took the LD out of storage yesterday at 1:00, and contrary to the forecast had heavy ra

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 66323
Quote from: rubyclk"

have found that the kitchen faucet around the small and large buttons for the spray is leaking..considerably.
Cathy Krieger

Cathy, Try pulling the spray nozzle out and tightening the shiny chrome piece that is on the tail end of it.  Mine did something similar recently and I found that the flex hose had just come loose.  Mine didn't leak out of the buttons but it did leak down thru the body and all over the inside of the cabinet beneath.  I think that it could also come up thru the buttons??

Tom Riley
'04 26 RB

Fort Bragg, CA