Skip to main content
Topic: Lazy Daze Ordered! (and Honda Accord towing question) (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
Lazy Daze Ordered! (and Honda Accord towing question)
Yahoo Message Number: 66276
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share my excitment at having ordered my 30 IB on Saturday.  It should be ready end of July/beginning of August, so I will be an official Lazy Daze owner then.  Thanks again to everyone who answered my many questions and helped with this process.

When I saw that anniversary edition I sure was tempted, but I couldn't justify paying $6,000 more for pretty on my budget.  It sure is nice, though.
 I have a question about towing a 2000 Honda Accord.  I have searched the files and talked to numerous people and am more confused than ever.  My owners manual does not say that I can tow the car four wheels down, but I know people who do.  I also know that the Remco towing hotline states that you can tow this car four down if you follow their procedure.  Am I asking for trouble if I do this?  Did Honda change their owners manuals out of an abundance of caution, or does this really cause a problem?  I really don't want to mess with a tow dolly or buy a different car, but don't want to replace my transmission either.  Any insight/experience would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Heidi

Re: Lazy Daze Ordered! (and Honda Accord towing question)
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 66279
Quote from: ryliekeeper"

I have a question about towing a 2000 Honda Accord.  ................

Heidi
Hi Heidi

This subject keeps coming up like it's in a revolving door. I don't tow, but here is the official version from Honda:
 "We are not aware of any particular problems being caused by towing on all four tires, or "motorhome towing", of  Honda  automobiles with either a manual or an automatic transmission, as long as proper pre-towing preparations are made and the vehicle is towed at legal highway speeds."

Refeerence: http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/Operation/index.asp?faq=operating#towing 
Will

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 66281
Thanks Will, I appreciate the info.  When I followed your link to the Honda owners site and registered, I was unable to find the info that you had posted.  I searched on towing and got a link to "operating your vehicle" that states underneath the link that it has tips for "towing your vehicle behind a motorhome".  However, the link does not state anything about towing.  Where did you find that info?

Thanks again!

Heidi

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 66289
Quote from: ryliekeeper"

Thanks Will, I appreciate the info.  When I followed your link to the Honda owners site and registered, I was unable to find the info that you had posted.  I searched on towing and got a link to "operating your vehicle" that states underneath the link that it has tips for "towing your vehicle behind a motorhome".  However, the link does not state anything about towing.  Where did you find that info?

Thanks again!

Heidi
Hi Heidi

Partially my fault: the whole URL didn't go into the shortcut link.
Try this instead:

http://tinyurl.com/9mnrw

Will 2004 23.5 TK No toad

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 66291
[quote author=ryliekeeper" ryliekeeper@...>]

Nope, brought me to the same login screen with the same results.

Hi Heidi

Partially my fault: the whole URL didn't go into the shortcut link.
Try this instead:

http://tinyurl.com/9mnrw

Will

OK, OK don't nobody panic--here's what we're gonna do

go to honda.com

under 'Products' click on Honda Automobiles

type "towing" into the search box and click seach

under Operation and Roadside Tips, click on 'click here'

click on 'Operating Your Vehicle'

click on 'Towing Your Honda'
 This brings you into what is labeled Honda Civic, but the statement on towing seems to be worded to include all Hondas. There should be plenty of people on this forum who tow Hondas and can weigh in with their personal insights.

Will

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 66292
Success!!  Thanks Will!  I was able to search on "Accord towing" and get the same info for the Accord.  I feel much better now - thanks again!

Heidi

go to honda.com

This brings you into what is labeled Honda Civic, but the statement on

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 66294
We have a 2006 Honda Civic and my husband did research in a few
places as to towing. The concensus was we HAVE to use a Dolly Trailer to tow and to NOT put all four wheels on the ground. We bought a DEMCO Dolly Trailer used from another LD owner from this site.
Good Luck Gypsy

Success!!  Thanks Will!  I was able to search on "Accord towing" and

get the same info for the Accord.  I feel much better now - thanks again!

Heidi

go to honda.com

This brings you into what is labeled Honda Civic, but the statement on towing seems to be worded to include all Hondas. There should be plenty of people on this forum who tow Hondas and can weigh in with their personal insights.

Will