Skip to main content
Topic: LD Website--Is it my imagination, or..... (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
LD Website--Is it my imagination, or.....
Yahoo Message Number: 66243
....has LD created this wonderful, fairly new site....... and failed to include their phone numbers, contact info, etc.? I checked every page that I could open, and nothing.

Re: LD Website--Is it my imagination, or.....
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 66246
....has LD created this wonderful, fairly new site....... and failed to include their phone numbers, contact info, etc.? I checked every page that I could open, and nothing.
That info is right where it should be: on the first page you see after hitting "Click to enter:"  address, 3 different phone nmbers for various purposes, their operating hours, and even a map that shows how to get to the Mothership.
You just need to scroll down.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 66261
"That info is right where it should be: on the first page...You just need to scroll down."
 When I was a professional website designer, one of our primary rules was that if the user has to scroll down to see vital information, your web page has a major problem. Putting contact info on the homepage is fine, but users expect to see "Contact us" on the navigation bar-- almost all commercial websites have this. LD would do well to add a "Contact" page to their site and put the infofrmation there.

Andy Baird

City of Rocks State Park, NM
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 66282

All that information is on the very first page, once you click on "Click to Enter."  See http://www.lazydaze.com/index2.htm

Linda Hylton

2004 Red 23.5' TK http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=1167 http://earl-linda.blogspot.com/
Linda Hylton

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 66296
When I was a prof web-surfer (& evaluated the work of the designers for usablity... coolest job on the Planet!!!) I advocated the same thing as Andy.  If it's not visible w/out scrolling, it should be on at the top of a Contact page, the link to which should be very easy to see! That being said... I don't htink the info is terribly difficult to find on this page, but there could be a 'contact us' link.  Users do look for it if they don't see the contact info.
Evelyn

"Andy Baird" wrote:

When I was a professional website designer, one of our primary rules
was that if the user has to scroll down to see vital information, your web page has a major problem. Putting contact info on the homepage is fine, but users expect to see "Contact us" on the navigation bar-- almost all commercial websites have this. LD would do well to add a Contact" page to their site and put the infofrmation there.

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: LD Website--Is it my imagination
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 66301
Has anyone contacted Lazy Daze and made the suggestion to change?  They might be glad to get the feedback on something this important.

Sue in rainy Iowa

New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 66302
Susan Svetanoff  wrote:
 Has anyone contacted Lazy Daze and made the suggestion to change?  They might be glad to get the feedback on something this important.
----- The only "new" element on the Lazy Daze web site (that I can see, anyway!) is the opening page graphic showing an anniversary edition 30'; the "click to enter" link on the graphic leads to the same information/links page that formerly served as the opening page.  The new opening page is just a minor site appearance tweak.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 66307
PS Maybe they actually did it on purpose to weed out the riff raff.
Think of it: if you do find the info and successfully contact them, you've already passed the first test.
LOL!  Nobody has ever accused LD of being design wizards, nor receptive to suggestions or critiques from outsiders, including owners.
 That whole concept of an opening "splash" page that contains virtually no useable information except for the "click to enter" link is one of my own web- page design pet peeves, yet it seems to be used on the design-iest sites.

Joanne in Boston 1994 teal TK NE-44

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 66326
Guess it was my imagination. For some reason I thought that page ended at the bottom of the photo.

Excuuuuuuuse me!

LD Website--Is it my imagination
Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 66272
It may be my imagination, but I just left the site and there is contact information.  When you get to the site you enter via a "golden anniversary" photo with a logo to "enter here" type.  When you click on it you are taken to the old front page with all the contact information.

Sue in Iowa

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2ยข/min or less.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]