Skip to main content
Topic: Cost of repairs (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Cost of repairs
Yahoo Message Number: 66200
I've located a 1984 LD for a cheap price that needs repairs. I haven't seen it or photos yet and I don't know which model it is. I'm trying to get more information from the owner. He says that it needs a hub, 2 wheels with tires and a tune up. Does anyone in this group have an estimate what it might cost? How much does it usually cost to tow a LD in this condition? I assume that the owner lost a rear hub. Is it likely that the rear axle will have to be replaced?
 Thanks for any guesses what it might cost to get this rig on the road.

Gary

Re: Cost of repairs
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 66216
Em here again, I seriously doubt that anyone could do better on either condition or price than the '84 than we're selling - I don't want to undermine anyone else's attempts to sell theirs, still how cheap is cheap?
Cheap is $2. If the interior, body, paint are OK and the repairs are cheap enough, it might be worth it to get it fixed. I checked your LD for sale and it sounds nice but I'm holding out for a TK.

Thanks for your response.

Gary

Re: Cost of repairs
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 66240
to get more information from the owner. He says that it needs a hub, 2 wheels with tires and a tune up. Does anyone in this group have an
You'll need more specifics - this model has drum rear brakes, so a rear hub seems unlikely. However, the front brake rotor is incorporated with the hub, so if it is worn out, the whole assembly needs to be replaced. If the front bearings are bad on one side but the rotor is reusable, the inner race can be drifted out of the hub and the hub re-used with the new bearings.
 Finding new 16.5" wheels may be more difficult, but I'm sure they are still made.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit