Skip to main content
Topic: Towing new Honda Fit (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Towing new Honda Fit
Yahoo Message Number: 66065
This is a great new little car. My brother who lives in Austria has had one (called Jazz there) for 2 years and loves it. Just wondered if anyone here knows if it is towable 4 down in manual and/or auto.

Re: Towing new Honda Fit
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 66066
We have a 2006 Honda Civic and we CANNOT tow it with all four wheels
down. We have purchased a Demco Dolly Trailer to tow our Honda. We were told by the dealership NOT to tow it with all four wheels down and my husband read it too.

This is a great new little car. My brother who lives in Austria has had one (called Jazz there) for 2 years and loves it. Just wondered if anyone here knows if it is towable 4 down in manual and/or auto.

Re: Towing new Honda Fit
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 66088
"This is a great new little car. My brother who lives in Austria has had one (called Jazz there) for 2 years and loves it. Just
wondered if

anyone here knows if it is towable 4 down in manual and/or auto."

The only way you will get a straight answer on this is to actually look at an owner's manual for the vehicle.  If it does not specifically say you can tow it behind a motorhome, the answer is probably no.  Do not rely on a dealer's or salesperson's response to the question!

Honda, in the current year's models, has backed away from saying their vehicles can be towed.  The 2006 Honda Element, formerly towable, is now rated as not towable.  What changed?  Probably an attorney's advice.

Sharon N.

Towing a '04 Honda CR-V, 4-wheel drive, automatic

Towing Honda
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 66295
Hello Group, this is Sheila here, a LD wannabe. I love this group.
You are all so helpful to eachother.
Two months ago I sadly sold my one year old 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid that I had bought to be my toad. Everyone at the dealership told me it would be fine as long as I ran through the gears correctly.
Upon further checking - after the fact, I was told that no way could my Civic Hybrid be towed all 4 on the ground. I even checked up the line at Honda a ways, and they all told me that if the instruction book said NO, that was the truth. Something about some changes they made in them. They did however suggest that I tow a CRV, and today I have one, and the instructions are very specific in saying that it can be towed.
Believe me I checked everywhere for just a glimmer of hope, but there was none.
Will be putting on a base plate and getting a Blue OX when the tax $$$'s arrive.
Oh, in case it matters, the old dealership was not interested in doing anything to help my plight, so, I shook their dust off my feet and went to a another. Very nice and actually cared about my plight. I bought the CRV there!!!
 Currently have a 2001 30' National SurfSide. Nice coach, but not a Lazy Daze. But one day....
 Thank you all for sharing with everyone so freely. I feel like I know you all.

Sheila B Northridge CA will be a F/T'er  again one day in the future F/T 1985-2006

Towing Honda
Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 66297
I had a 2004 Civic Hybrid & was devastated to find out that I couldn't tow it!  I also searched for a glimmer of hope & found none.  It's gone now & I have a 2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara.  Got it from ebay, already had baseplates & it's very own Blue Ox.  I'm afraid the Blue Ox is worn out, but they have excellent customer service & full hookups at their factory.  So, I'll be headed over there after the G.Caravan to have them check it.
I'm over in Glendale.  Come on over if you want to watch me put the last of the RejeX coating on my LD.  I'll be starting the 2nd coat soon!  I washed the entire thing (some places 4-5 times) w/ a soft bristle toothbrush & tiny strokes, to make sure it was the cleanest it's every been!  Boy.... will I be glad when this project is over!!! I hate washing cars!  It was one of the things I liked about being married!

Evelyn

"Sheila" wrote:

Hello Group, this is Sheila here, a LD wannabe. I love this group.
You are all so helpful to eachother.
Two months ago I sadly sold my one year old 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid
that I had bought

to be my toad. Everyone at the dealership told me it would be fine
as long as I ran through

the gears correctly.
Upon further checking - after the fact, I was told that no way could
my Civic Hybrid be

towed all 4 on the ground. I even checked up the line at Honda a
ways, and they all told

me that if the instruction book said NO, that was the truth.
Something about some

changes they made in them. They did however suggest that I tow a
CRV, and today I have

one, and the instructions are very specific in saying that it can be
towed.

Believe me I checked everywhere for just a glimmer of hope, but
there was none.

Will be putting on a base plate and getting a Blue OX when the tax
$$$'s arrive.

Oh, in case it matters, the old dealership was not interested in
doing anything to help my

plight, so, I shook their dust off my feet and went to a another.
Very nice and actually

cared about my plight. I bought the CRV there!!!

Currently have a 2001 30' National SurfSide. Nice coach, but not a
Lazy Daze. But one

day....

Thank you all for sharing with everyone so freely. I feel like I
know you all.