Skip to main content
Topic: Grill4All BBQ (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
Grill4All BBQ
Yahoo Message Number: 64462
"We also just ordered a new grill on the recommendation of Mike Sylvester the RV Guy who fixed our propane line. Here is the web site http://www.grill4all.com/ I haven't gotten it yet but he raved about it. I like that it is all stainless steel (we hang out in tropical humid salt-air type places), and that is has the collapsable/expandable legs that will raise it to waist level. It also compacts pretty well for storage, it will be slightly smaller than our Weber when stored. I'll let you know how it works when we get it."

Jonna n Mimi You posted the above last October and, if you have time, I would like to hear your comments on how it preformed.
Back then I had questioned whether this grill would actually get hot enough to really "grill" or would it be more of a "baking" situation ? Bumper, I believe you also purchased this grill . . any comments ?

Bill Atkins

"Merlot"

02 RB

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Grill4All BBQ
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 64470
Sorry Bill, I got your email and it was on my list to write the review.  I did finally ask Mimi about it at dinner the other night and she gave me her evaluation.  I just hadn't written it up yet.
 On your does it 'grill' or 'bake' question, she says it definitely grills.
She is pretty happy with it. Remember that it took me years to convince her to go to gas from charcoal, she still prefers the charcoal because she can control the evenness.  Her only fault with this grill is that it is a little uneven, one side is not as hot as the other.
 It does get hot enough though and she is fine with the heat level and the way things cook.  She turns it on, closes the lid to let it get hot before opening it and putting the meat on, although she says she mainly does that so it gets hot faster.  She says it is plenty hot enough to grill and it doesn't take any longer on it than on our old grill.
 She loves the legs, they bring it up to a height easy to use without a lot of bending.  Putting our other grill on a table was a problem as we don't carry one that is flame proof and finding something where we are was iffy.
Using it on the ground was a back killer.
 This grill is very easy to clean and it comes apart and stores easily.
She's liking that a lot compared to storing charcoal and cleaning a charcoal grill.   So far it is holding up well to the humid salt air, no rust.
Earlier grills started rusting almost immediately.
 We got the extend-a-stay installed on our propane tank and we can use the grill from the main tank.  I like that we aren't carrying small propane bottles.  It's a lot easier to get the grill out, cook, clean it and put it away than it was when we used charcoal so we use it more often.  It's difficult to find the kind of charcoal we used in the US down here in MX, most of it is large chunks and in huge bags.  So, we aren't hauling bags of charcoal in the jeep anymore which is another big plus.
 All in all, I think it is a success.  I'm loving it and she is pretty happy with it.  She is still a charcoal purist but she realizes that this is a lot easier both to use and to clean and it cooks as well as charcoal.

-- Jonna in Tortuga, 2001 Teal RB Find us MAPhttp://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=1013> Follow the BLOG herehttp://www.baddog.com/blog/blog.html>