Skip to main content
Topic: POSSIBLE SPAM: Kitchen Counter S (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
POSSIBLE SPAM: Kitchen Counter S
Yahoo Message Number: 64378
I also got my wooden cutting board from Lazy Daze and they assured me that it would fit the sink... NOT!

Well, yet again a difference between 2 models...the cutting board fits perfectly on our sink with no modifications necessary!

Linda Hylton

2004 Red 23.5' TK
See where we are: http://map.datastormusers.com/user3.cfm?user=1167 http://earl-linda.blogspot.com/
Linda Hylton

POSSIBLE SPAM: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Kitchen Counter Space
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 64390
"Well, yet again a difference between 2 models...the cutting board
fits perfectly on our sink with no modifications necessary!

Linda Hylton 2004 Red 23.5' TK
Linda
 Well, yes, we do have different "models", I believe yours is a 26.5' and mine is a 30'IB. However, shouldn't our sinks be the same???

As to that flimsy thin cover that comes with a LD when delivered, heck, I threw that away early on. The wooden board would have sat way too high above that on it's rubber feet. Now my board recesses down to where the top surface is almost flush with the rim of the sink. Much better that way.

Steve S.
Lazy Bones
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Re: POSSIBLE SPAM: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Kitchen Counter S
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 64393
Ahhhh.  I think that is why your cutting board didn't fit, it needs that "flimsy thin cover" to fit right.  Personally, I like that it is a little above the board, it's a better height for me and it keeps stray pieces from falling in the sink.  I can also lift the cutting board off easily (my fingers fit under it) and use it at the table and still have a solid work surface over the sink.  Different strokes!  However, I don't think your cutting board was the wrong size, it just needs the laminate board to stand on.
 I actually found another use for that laminate board.  When we installed our Solar Boost it didn't quite match the hole from removing the one the factory had put in.  We used the laminate board, which has a side faced with the same stuff as the cabinets, to cover the hole and installed the Solar Boost on top of it.  You can hardly tell where it ends and the wall begins, I have to point it out to people or they don't see it.  Of course, I had ANOTHER laminate board because when I broke our sink I got a new one with the new sink!   At any rate, if you don't use that board I recommend saving it in case you ever have to patch a wall.

-- Jonna in Tortuga, 2001 Teal RB Find us MAPhttp://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=1013> Follow the BLOG herehttp://www.baddog.com/blog/blog.html>

As to that flimsy thin cover that comes with a LD when delivered, heck, I threw that away early on. The wooden board would have sat way too high above that on it's rubber feet. Now my board recesses down to where the top surface is almost flush with the rim of the sink. Much better that way.

Steve S.
Lazy Bones
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: POSSIBLE SPAM: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Kitchen Counter S
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 64394
Before I got the dishpan/drainer, I just used the cutting board on the sink top.  But... I put it directly on the empty sink.  I put the cover down below.  As I remember, Ed might have told us to do that. I know that it wouldn't have worked w/ the cover on for our sink.  I didn't remember that it has the wall laminate on the back.  Now, that's handy info.... thanks.  I only kept it because I can't stand to throw perfectly serviceable stuff away when someone could use it.  If it works for patching an over size hole... I'm glad I kept it! Evelyn

Jonna Harlan wrote:

POSSIBLE SPAM: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Kitchen Counter Space
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 64404
"... it needs that "flimsy thin cover" to fit right."
On the contrary, Jonna, the board now sits flush upon the narrow shelf just under the rim of the sink, secure on all sides and does not move unless by my efforts.

"I can also lift the cutting board off easily (my

fingers fit under it)"
Yes, I can also lift mine off easily, by using the 'finger hole' that I bored through the front end. It's just the right size for my pointer digit.

"I actually found another use for that laminate board.  When we installed our Solar Boost..."

Alas, my laminate board has gone to the Big Landfill in the Sky.
And, I'm unlikely to order a replacement to patch any holes. When it comes time to install my second Solar Boost it will be upon a powder coated sheet of aluminum.

-- Jonna in Tortuga, 2001 Teal RB
Steve S.
Lazy Bones
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!