Skip to main content
Topic: Tire Valve Extenders (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic
Tire Valve Extenders
Yahoo Message Number: 423
Don't know if you folks can help but .... what kind of tire valve extenders are you using for late models with dual rear wheels (ford f450)? Thanks

Tire Valve Extenders
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 425
Most of the LD's with valve extenders seem to use the braided steel ones you get from Camping World or any other RV parts store. However, it's recommended that you have steel valves with the valve extenders.
Neither LD nor Camping World would install them on our '95 because we had rubber valves.

Tire Valve Extenders
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 426
When I bought my LD I took it to our local tire shop and had them put steel valves on all tires and steel extenders on the two inside wheels. I bought two steel valves from CW that were shaped like a "U" for the two back outside tires.

This system is working out perfectly for me and eliminates the snake like appearance of the flexible extenders.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Tire Valve Extenders
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 427
When I bought my LD I took it to our local tire shop and had them put steel valves on all tires and steel extenders on the two inside wheels. I bought two steel valves from CW that were shaped like a "U" for the two back outside tires.

This system is working out perfectly for me and eliminates the snake like appearance of the flexible extenders.

Hope this helps.

Pete