Skip to main content
Topic: Gertie's acrophobia (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Gertie's acrophobia
Yahoo Message Number: 58726
I want to belatedly thank all who offered expert advice on Gertie's recent "blubbering and smoking" problems at high altitudes. As soon as I leave the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta grounds, I intend to replace the choke pulloff assembly in hopes that will ameliorate the problem. I'll keep you posted.
 By the way, I just want to say that the company here--I mean the Lazy Daze contingent--is superb! I've enjoyed the generosity of so many people who have shown me tips and tricks that I'll incorporate into Gertie when I get a chance, shared their food, their enthusiasm...and even their toads, when a trip into town for supplies was needed. Like the Northeastern Lazy Daze group, these are great people!
 I've also been very impressed with Mike "The RV Guy" Sylvester and his wife Lisa, both personable, straight-shooting folks and both highly competent technicians. I recommend them highly.
 And of course there's the Balloon Fiesta itself...WHAT A BLAST! You may have noticed this month's homepage picture...and you might also want to check out the photo sequence

Andy Baird

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Gertie's acrophobia
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 58764
Andy wrote: (snip) . . . And of course there's the Balloon Fiesta itself...WHAT A BLAST! You may have noticed this month's homepage picture...and you might also want to check out the photo sequence . . .
 Great picture, Andy! But what photo sequence are you talking about? I just saw one picture of Gertie with balloons all around.

Happy trails - Sarah

Re: Gertie with balloons
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 58778
"what photo sequence are you talking about?"
 Sorry, my finger pushed the button and sent that message before my brain was done composing it. ;-) Go to http://tinyurl.com/75p9x> an you'll find it there, or look in the Photos section for "Balloon landing at Albuquerque" (you'll have to 'list all' to see it).
 I can't thank  you and Pete enough for making it possible for me to attend this event! :-)

Andy Baird
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"