Skip to main content
Topic: Safety Inspection Rejection (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Safety Inspection Rejection
Yahoo Message Number: 58614
A private inspection facility and the Texas Department of Transportation have stated that side amber markers are required on all vehicles over 80 inches.

In addition to the illuminated amber marker incorporated in the headlight assembly, the DPS states that an illuminated amber marker must be placed on the house portion of the coach aft of the cab.
 I have a meeting with the DPS tomorrow and would welcome the input of any Texas LD owner.

Thank You, Malcolm
2002 Mid Bath

Re: Safety Inspection Rejection
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 58640

I have a meeting with the DPS tomorrow and would welcome the input of any Texas LD owner.
I did not have a problem with my inspection (05 26.5 MB)last November.

Happy trails

Cat's Meow Truth or Consequences, NM
Ross Taylor
2017 MB

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 58648
"A private inspection facility and the Texas Department of Transportation have stated that side amber markers are required on all vehicles over 80 inches. [snip] Thank You, Malcolm"

Malcolm, this is a new one on me. This has not been mentioned to us when we had our '02 LD inspected in Montgomery County, TX, this past summer.

Sharon N.
'02 30'TB Tan

Currently in Fredericksburg, TX

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 58655
Malcom,
 I don't know if this is a new DPS rule or not, but we have had our 2001 inspected 4 times, and never had a problem.

If it's not a new rule, come to Bradzol on Mission street

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 58659
Malcom,

I don't know if this is a new DPS rule or not, but we have had our 2001 inspected 4 times, and never had a problem.
Barry, Thanks for the referrals.  I visited a RV dealer in Buda yesterday and observed several class C's.  The 2005 models have illuminated amber side markers about half way down the side aft of the cab.  DPS regulations states that they are required for trucks over 80 inches.
I will find out if this is a new regulation and determine if older models are exempt.  This dealer said they would pass my LD if I let them inspect it.
 I took pictures of two class C's (one Teal 23.5 LD awaiting service ) at the dealership.  Both had current Texas registration without illuminated amber side markers.

Thanks, Malcolm
2002 Mid Bath

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 58662
inspected 4 times, and never had a problem.

If it's not a new rule, come to Bradzol on Mission street in New Braunfels (if it is convenient) and have it inspected there.

We had our first inspection at a truck stop north of NB on I35 (Rip Griffins).  No problem there either.

What year is your LD?
Barry, 2002 MB Malcolm
2002 Mid Bath