Skip to main content
Topic: RV (NOT LD) Incident at Balloon Fiesta (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
RV (NOT LD) Incident at Balloon Fiesta
Yahoo Message Number: 58603
I just read this in Chuck Woodbury's RV Travel on-line newsletter,
 http://rvtravel.com/publish/newsletter/issue180.shtml

"An explosion inside an RV sent three Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta visitors to the hospital Thursday night. The fiesta goers were in an older model Toyota RV and were preparing dinner when the propane stove exploded."
 This sounds extremely scary.  Are there any LDers at the Fiesta that witnessed this?

Sharon N.

RV (NOT LD) Incident at Balloon Fies
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 58607
I just read this in Chuck Woodbury's RV Travel on-line newsletter,
 http://rvtravel.com/publish/newsletter/issue180.shtml

"An explosion inside an RV sent three Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta visitors to the hospital Thursday night. The fiesta goers were in an older model Toyota RV and were preparing dinner when the propane stove exploded."
 This sounds extremely scary.  Are there any LDers at the Fiesta that witnessed this?

Sharon N.
This reminds me, does anyone else's oven light okay, seem to be baking okay, and then within 10-15 minutes, or perhaps less, you open the oven door and only the pilot lite is on?  I don't know if this is what it does to regulate the temperature, or if it's malfunctioning.  Very elementary question, I know, but the manual happens to be buried right now and I can't get to it.  Thanks, twodrifters

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Oven Heating Problem
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 58610
At 11:55 PM 10/2/2005 -0400, you wrote:

This reminds me, does anyone else's oven light okay, seem to be baking okay, and then within 10-15 minutes, or perhaps less, you open the oven door and only the pilot lite is on?  I don't know if this is what it does to regulate the temperature, or if it's malfunctioning.  Very elementary question, I know, but the manual happens to be buried right now and I can't get to it.
This has been happening to us, too, and I'm still not sure whether there is an actual problem or whether it is really just the oven regulating itself.
I haven't had the occasion to keep it running for more than half an hour at a time, and honestly can't be sure if it's holding the temperature properly or not. Maybe somebody has a clue. The manual doesn't really address this problem.

Sonsie 2000 26' RK

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] RV (NOT LD) Incident at Balloon Fies
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 58612
My suggestion would be to buy a cheap oven thermometer at WalMart or the equivalent and monitor the temperature for a while.  It's a good idea to check the oven temperatures anyway if you plan on any baking.
(We never have.)

Barry 01 r rb tx at

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] RV (NOT LD) Incident at Balloon Fies
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 58652
I bake a lot and have checked the oven with a thermometer and it is surprisingly accurate. I think that what you are seeing is the oven reaching the set temperature, the flame goes our leaving only the pilot on and when the temp drops the flame will light again. I'd check it by opening the door for a few minutes and seeing if the burner lights aga