Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone out there go from a fifth wheel to a Lazy Daze? (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Anyone out there go from a fifth wheel to a Lazy Daze?
Yahoo Message Number: 57928
Just wonder if any current Lazy Daze owner went from a Fifth wheel trailer to a Class C LZ DZ? Or a Lazy Daze to a 5er? Slate

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Anyone out there go from a fifth whe
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 57930
Slate,
 We are long time 5th wheelers. Last summer my wife while working  in her garden, suffered a bad fall. Fortunately nothing was broken but she has experienced back pain and difficulty in getting up and down steps.
 Not wanting to give up RVing, I began to search for a used LD. I had done some research and had monitored this group for some time and I felt positive about the quality of a LD.

We found an older,1993, 22' FL with low mileage and in good condition. Now my wife has just one step to navigate (vs three on the 5th wheel) and of course we have the benefits of a near by bathroom with out the need to find a pull out, stop the tow vehicle, get out and then walk to the 5th wheel, climb the steps, etc.. and then reverse the process.

This same advantage exists when you want a drink or a snack while underway and if you are ready for lunch, you find a pull off, stop and your meal fixings are close by. No need to leave the vehicle.

There are of course trade offs. We do not have the room in our LD that we have in our 30' 5th wheel with two slide outs.  On the other hand the PU-trailer combo requires more maneuver room and more parking space.  Although many Class C owners opt not to tow a second vehicle, there are others who have a "toad" for running around after parking.
 We still have our 5th wheel. We will probably try to sell it when and if the market becomes more favorable. We are very pleased with the LD. Only wish that we had found a 26' for a little more room. If we have an opportunity to trade we will probably do so.

The trade offs I mention above would apply to any Class C vs a 5th wheel. Considering which class C to purchase is  another story. If you monitor the LD site you will find a great deal of information about the advantages of a LD versus the competition.

Hope this helps.

Gordon Ross

Re: Anyone out there go from a fifth wheel to a Lazy Daze?
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 57931
Just wonder if any current Lazy Daze owner went from a Fifth wheel trailer to a Class C LZ DZ? Or a Lazy Daze to a 5er? Slate
Slate, I plan to go from my 2003MB to a 5er.

Re: Anyone out there go from a fifth wheel to a Lazy Daze?
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 57934
Slate, we've been 5'er owners almost continuously since 1975, towing everything from a 22 foot Terry to a 32 ft. Alpenlite (not necessarily in that order) and a few in between.  With and without slides.
 Because our current interests, ages and well developed RV lifestyle, we're consciously switching to a 23.5 LD, and just biding our time until our scheduled November order date.  Though we've never owned a "C", I have no doubts that we'll be more than happy with the switch.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 57935
Just wonder if any current Lazy Daze owner went from a Fifth wheel trailer to a Class C LZ DZ? Or a Lazy Daze to a 5er? Slat>

Yes, we did.  When we were fulltiming, we had a 33' fifth wheel.

Linda Hylton

2004 Red 23.5' TK

From Pear Tree RV Resort
Phoenix, OR

See where we are: http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=1167
Linda Hylton

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 57936
Yes.  We had a 29' 5th wheel for 10 years.  While we enjoyed the 5th wheel it wasn't the 'perfect fit'.  We waited six months for our L.D. and found it to be everything we were looking for and more.  Our second L.D. is now on order! Juli
Juli W.
Former owner 1994 mid bath,  2006 26.5'rear bath