Skip to main content
Topic: DirectTV Reciever Which One? (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
DirectTV Reciever Which One?
Yahoo Message Number: 57877
Thinking of going with the manual satellite controller on a new 26.5 MB. DirectTV has a web page that lists the various dish manufacturers on this web site; http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/learn/Manuals.dsp We will be using this set-up for TV access on the West coast.
I was wondering which units best suits this application.
Seems like there are many to choose from.
Your input is appreciated.
Thanks, Jim Pappas Tacoma, WA

Re: DirectTV Reciever Which One?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 57878
Jim:

Sorry that I can't answer your question, but I have one for you.
Would you like to jo

Re: DirectTV Reciever Which One?
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 57880
I don't have the paperwork anymore as to what dish I bought but I was faced with a similar question as you. I had decided I wanted to take the controler with me

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: DirectTV Reciever Which One?
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 57891
Thanks Ray, How long ago did you get your dish? I forgot to mention I want the dish roof mounted, low-profile, and easy to control from inside the LD.
Thanks for the input about DirectTV.
Best, Jim Pappas

ray rlmtasch@...> wrote: I don't have the paperwork anymore as to what dish I bought but I was faced with a similar question as you. I had decided I wanted to take the controler with me

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: DirectTV Reciever Which One?
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 57892
Hi Pete, One step at a time! We will be going down to order our LD

[Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: DirectTV Reciever Which One?
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 57898
Jim, sorry but I misunderstood your question about the dish. I choose to get a portable dish and forgo the roof mounted units. I have met quite a few folks who carry a portable dish. They indicated that too many times after they had the perfect shady campsite they could not get a signal and found it neccessary to cary a portable dish for those situations. When I am parked at my son's place I could not get a signal when parked next to his barn so I need the portable dish there. I purchased my dish early last year.
===============================================================