Skip to main content
Topic: Saving good tips from this site (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Saving good tips from this site
Yahoo Message Number: 57655
I always find good information here that I would like to have for reference later. Sometimes I print it out and I'm thinking of putting it in a divided notebook.  I just can't always find what I am looking for with a search and frequently get sucked into other interesting threads...  Any tips on filing away the gems?

Thanks, Mari

Re: Saving good tips from this site
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 57658
I just can't always find what I am looking for with a search and frequently get sucked into other interesting threads...  Any tips on filing away the gems?
Are you using the user-friendly archives rather than the Yahoo search? That archives is a wonderful resource.
 When I joined the board, I started reading with Post #1 (technically, post #13) and kept a running list of the most interesting threads and post numbers, with the key word (tires, winterizing, seat belts, rollover, etc.) in uppercase letters.
It's not hard to skim through the list and then enter the post number to revisit it.
I've had to make a policy to not print out things just for future reference; I'd be drowning in paper.

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Saving good tips from this site
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 57663
I always find good information here that I would like to have for reference later. Sometimes I print it out and I'm thinking of putting it in a divided notebook.  I just can't always find what I am looking for with a search and frequently get sucked into other interesting threads...  Any tips on filing away the gems?

Thanks, Mari
I am on a Mac using their Mail program, and I have a Lazy Daze folder, with sub folders listed with headings like batteries, tires, solar, etc.
 As I find something to save, I save it to this mail folder and can look them all up pretty easy.

I'm not familiar with other mail programs, but assume they all have some similar capability.

Works for me!

Kate in Serenity, the Red 30TB

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Saving good tips from this site
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 57671
I am on a Mac using their Mail program, and I have a Lazy Daze folder, with sub folders listed with headings like batteries, tires, solar, etc.

You can do the same thing with Outlook Express...it's how I save messages I want to keep.

Linda Hylton

2004 Red 23.5' TK

From Little Crater Campground
Newberry NVM

See where we are: http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=1167
Linda Hylton

Re: Saving good tips from this site
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 57691
Mari,
 Ever since I started reading this Forum almost 4 years ago, I've been cutting & pasting items that I might find valuable into word documents.  I now have about 90 different docs ranging from After-Market Add-ons and Air Conditioners through Winterization.  One of these days (perhaps while on the road this winter), I'll clean them all up, index them, and post them on my web site.
 Rather then print them out, though, I just keep them on my laptop, which travels with us.  If need be, it's easy to access a topic.

Ted H.
'02 FL  NE-12
 I always find good information here that I would like to have for reference later. Sometimes I print it out and I'm thinking of putting it in a divided notebook.  Any tips on filing away the gems?  Mari

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]