Skip to main content
Topic: Message Count Down (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Message Count Down
Yahoo Message Number: 57608
Just for the heckuvit I compared posts through Aug. this year to posts through Aug. last year and we are down 17.8%.  (Hope my math is correct.)  Wonder why?  Maybe it's because LD sales are slower this year???   They should pick up soon; Steve K is back from his Alaska trip.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Re: Message Count Down
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 57610
Just for the heckuvit I compared posts through Aug. this year to posts through Aug. last year and we are down 17.8%.  (Hope my math is correct.)  Wonder why?  Maybe it's because LD sales are slower this year???  They should pick up soon; Steve K is back from his Alaska trip.

Chris
One obvious reason LD sales are down is fuel prices.  Another, I suspect, is their ever increasing price - it seems they go up faster than the rate of inflation.  Another (for me), is the incredible difficulty of buying a new one if you live out of state.

I wonder if LD will have to revisit their marketing strategy that worked so well for them for so many years of if this is just a blip.  All I know is their lead time is less than half of what it was a year to 18 months ago based on what we were told last August.

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Message Count Down
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 57917
Quote from: Chris Horst"

Just for the heckuvit I compared posts through Aug. this year to posts through Aug. last year and we are down 17.8%.  (Hope my math is correct.)  Wonder why?  Maybe it's because LD sales are slower this year???  They should pick up soon; Steve K is back from his Alaska trip.

Chris

One obvious reason LD sales are down is fuel prices.  Another, I suspect, is their ever increasing price - it seems they go up faster than the rate of inflation.  Another (for me), is the incredible difficulty of buying a new one if you live out of state.
Well I actually see this as somewhat of a good thing. Just a couple of weeks ago I was traveling the Pa turnpike and was passed by two new Airstream class B's on  Sprinter chassis. One was towing an older car and both had paper temp tags. They looked just alike and though I can't be sure a would bet they were new units being delivered to a dealer. They were going so fast I tried to speed up and see just how fast they were going. I wouldn't run fast enough to catch them but the best I could determine they had to be going better than 80 MPH. I decided right then that if I ever do buy a new motor home I would like to pick it up at the factory no mater what the brand.

It seems a much better option than someone putting on the break-in miles with their foot on the floor because they get paid by the mile. The problem is that with this size chassis they are probably being delivered to the RV manufacturer from the factory the same way.

Garry

I wonder if LD will have to revisit their marketing strategy that worked so well for them for so many years of if this is just a blip.
All I know is their lead time is less than half of what it was a year to 18 months ago based on what we were told last August.