Skip to main content
Topic: Digest It vs Dijest It (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Digest It vs Dijest It
Yahoo Message Number: 57594
Just made my 2nd purchase of the famous "Digest It", only this time all websites refer to it as "Dijest It" and that's what is printed on the bottle. Got it from Unique Distributors, but just wondered if anyone knows if it is the same formula and what's up with the new spelling?

Mari

Re: Digest It vs Dijest It
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 57595
Just made my 2nd purchase of the famous "Digest It", only this time all websites refer to it as "Dijest It" and that's what is printed on the bottle. Got it from Unique Distributors, but just wondered if anyone knows if it is the same formula and what's up with the new spelling?
Mari, I buy mine at Ace Hardware in the plumbing section.  It will not have the picture of the RV on it but is same formula.  I and others in this group have phoned this company to confirm this.  Price $9 and change.  Don't know about the spelling.

Joe Hamm-San Jose

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 57597
Just made my 2nd purchase of the famous "Digest It

Mari
Mari

Have you had any experience with unwanted odors using the Digest It (by any name)???

The reason I ask, I did have a problem with odors and now I don't use it any more. Refer to my post #49192 for an explanation.
 I've been using Eco Save for the past year and have nothing but good things to say about it. Not a hint of odor from either of their two formulations. Can't argue with success.

Steve S.
Lazy Bones
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 57653
Sorry it took so long getting back on this.  Good to know I can get it at good ole Ace Hardware.  Yes, I have to admit I have had 2 times that I can remember riding home from a trip and everyone suffering with the odor.  Don't think we were even close to full.
We frequently experience high temps, being in So Cal, but then again 3 weeks in SD this summer was pretty hot, too.  Didn't notice that problem then.  I think it might be a matter of how many people are using it?  I think I will give Eco Save a try, next time.  It sounds "green" which was my big concern.  Thanks!

Quote from: Mari C"

Just made my 2nd purchase of the famous "Digest It

Mari

Mari

Have you had any experience with unwanted odors using the Digest It (by any name)???

The reason I ask, I did have a problem with odors and now I don't use it any more. Refer to my post #49192 for an explanation.

I've been using Eco Save for the past year and have nothing but good things to say about it. Not a hint of odor from either of their two

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Digest It vs Dijest It
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 57660
Several of us have had problems with tank odor backing up into the coach.
Depends a lot on whether or not you have a window open.  Even a little bit.
Air pressure on the roof vent pipe pushes the odor back into the motorhome.
The way to stop that is to put a venturi-type vent on the roof vent pipe.
Here is one http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=26177 The type we used looked like a horizontal PVC pipe that attached to the top of the pipe.  Not as expensive as the one at Camping World, but I didn't see one there.

Dick

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 57679
"Richard Hughes"  wrote: Several of us have had problems with tank odor backing up into the coach. Depends a lot on whether or not you have a window open.
--- First, well-maintained black and grey tanks should produce minimal odors.  If one uses a bacteria/enzyme tank treatment, e.g., Eco-Save, Pure Power, Roebic, etc., for both the black and grey tanks, uses plenty of water with each flush, keeps food scraps and grease out of the grey tank, dumps the black (and grey) tank(s) when full or close to it, and flushes each tank well, preferably after each dump, there should be no problems with odors.  I also suggest checking the vent to make sure that it isn't blocked with debris or "something's" nest.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Digest It vs Dijest It
Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 57689
For those who seem to have a problem with tank odor, you might want to check to see if your china toilet has two holes high up near the rim.  Be sure to fill the toilet with water and allow it to run into these holes for at least 15 seconds.  (This fills the "trap") This "charges" the toilet at the beginning of a use period and helps to prevent tank gases from coming back into the coach.

Also, you might want to try a wonderful product called Always Fresh (alwaysfreshinc.com).   This is a white powder similar in consistency to corn starch.  It is colorless, odorless, non-toxic and completely eliminates any and all odors either in the coach or upon dumping.  It seems pricy at first glance but you use just a little and it actually works.   This is the only product we use.

JW
Juli W.
Former owner 1994 mid bath,  2006 26.5'rear bath

[Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Digest It vs Dijest It
Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 57758
Several of us have had problems with tank odor backing up into the
coach.

Depends a lot on whether or not you have a window open.  Even a
little bit.

Air pressure on the roof vent pipe pushes the odor back into the
motorhome.

The way to stop that is to put a venturi-type vent on the roof
vent pipe.

Here is one http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?
skunum=26177

The type we used looked like a horizontal PVC pipe that attached
to the top

of the pipe.  Not as expensive as the one at Camping World, but I
didn't see

one there.

Dick
Dick,

We have found that by using the Fantastic fan to draw air into the coach we create a positive pressure in the Lazy Daze and do not smell the back tank.

Before we found this out we had it on exhaust and when flushing we would draw the odor into the Lazy daze.

A simple solution that works well for us. Hope it helps others.

Jerry and Bernice Howell 1996 RB, Denver CO
Jerry Galang
Meridian, ID 83646