Skip to main content
Topic: Bath exhaust fan (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
Bath exhaust fan
Yahoo Message Number: 57516
Just wondering if the bath exhaust fan motor needs replacing in my 2002 RB. Are they all extremely loud or just mine?

Thanks,   Jack

Re: Bath exhaust fan
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 57518
Just wondering if the bath exhaust fan motor needs replacing in my 2002 RB. Are they all extremely loud or just mine?

Thanks,  Jack
Jack, what kind of noise are you having?  Is the screen a little loose and being pulled up touching the blades when running?

Joe Hamm-San Jose

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 57520
-No joe. It is just a loud roar. I feel like it wakes up everyone around us when I turn it on. Much louder than the fan

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 57522
"-No joe. It is just a loud roar."

Thanks,  Jack
Jack
 I have to presume you are talking about the OEM fan, the little one, hardly six inches or so? Yes, they do sound like a 747 taking off.
 It's time you change that out for a MaxxAir "MaxFan" replacement. It has it's own built in rain cover, you can run with it open and you won't hear it, even while sitting on the john.

That was the 1st thing I did after delivery, had two of them installed, one in the toilet and one in the hall (30'IB). They are even quieter than the FanTastic fan.

Steve S.
Lazy Bones
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 57523
"It is just a loud roar. I feel like it wakes up everyone around us when I turn it on."
 Well, you could do what Gertie's former owners did: replace it with a Fan-Tastic vent fan.
Moves far more air with far less noise than the little buzzy one the factory uses. Just one of the many thoughtful improvements Judie and Gary made to Gertie, for which I'm constantly grateful. :-)

Andy Baird
Brick, NJ
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 57532
Quote from: jacksum2

Thanks,  Jack

Jack

I have to presume you are talking about the OEM fan, the little
one,

hardly six inches or so? Yes, they do sound like a 747 taking off.

It's time you change that out for a MaxxAir "MaxFan" replacement.
It has it's own built in rain cover, you can run with it open and you won't hear it, even while sitting on the john.

That was the 1st thing I did after delivery, had two of them installed, one in the toilet and one in the hall (30'IB). They are even quieter than the FanTastic fan.

Steve S.
Lazy Bones

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 57536
Apparently it falls to me to point out that, in a small space like the LD, a "loud road" is often just what one wants in a bathroom fan ;-) /noel/

Bath exhaust fan
Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 57545

Ours is pretty loud.
 We're going to replace ours with a Fantastic Fan -- not because of the loudness, but because we've had problems with the screws falling out, making it impossible to open the vent.  The screws are in such a position that it's almost impossible to get them back in.

Linda Hylton

2004 Red 23.5' TK

From Little Crater Campground
Newberry NVM

See where we are: http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=1167
Linda Hylton

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Bath exhaust fan
Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 57549
"We're going to replace ours with a Fantastic Fan..."

Linda Hylton 2004 Red 23.5' TK
Linda

I cannot fault the Fantastic Fan, the one in Lazy Bones is my fourth. I'd like to put a rain cover over it but the solar panels prevent that.

However, the MaxxAir "MaxxFan", of which I have two, moves just as much air, has it's own built in rain cover, is reversable like the Fantastic and is actually quieter than the Fantastic. Either one fits the 14" vent opening and Camping World carries both. Your choice!

Steve S.
Lazy Bones
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Bath exhaust fan
Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 57554
However, the MaxxAir "MaxxFan", of which I have two, moves just as much air, has it's own built in rain cover, is reversable like the Fantastic and is actually quieter than the Fantastic. Either one fits the 14" vent opening and Camping World carries both. Your choice!

Steve, I've considered the MaxxAir, too...in fact, I wouldn't mind replacing BOTH fans with a MaxxAir.  We might just do that, depending on the cost.
We'll probably, at the least, get one of the MaxxAir covers to put over the Fantastic Fan in the living area.

Linda Hylton

2004 Red 23.5' TK

From Little Crater Campground
Newberry NVM

See where we are: http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=1167
Linda Hylton

Re: Bath exhaust fan-Replace with MaxxFan-How to install?
Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 57569
However, the MaxxAir "MaxxFan", of which I have two, moves just
asmuch air, has it's own built in rain cover, is reversable like the Fantastic and is actually quieter than the Fantastic. Either one fits the 14" vent opening and Camping World carries both. Your choice!

Steve, I've considered the MaxxAir, too...in fact, I wouldn't mind
replacing BOTH fans with a MaxxAir.  We might just do that, depending on the cost. We'll probably, at the least, get one of the MaxxAir covers to put over the Fantastic Fan in the living area.

Linda Hylton
Linda and others:  The MaxxFan is on sale at Camping World:

http://tinyurl.com/dzaa7

If one were to install the MaxxFan in a vent without an existing fan, how would one wire it?  To an existing nearby ceiling light perhaps?  Any photos of such an installation in the files?

Chris Horst
2002 30 IB
Denver
Formerly: 2002 30' IB