Skip to main content
Topic: Katrina victims (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Katrina victims
Yahoo Message Number: 57484
The School Bus Conversion Nuts version of Andy posted this a few minutes ago. If it helps...

"i was born in BAY ST. louis mississippi. it no longer exists. many family members missing. i moved away from the gulf coast after bieng wiped out twice. i am desperate to help but am helpless at present. so i identified a communication gap in this situation and started
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/katrinacom/

ole cajun ain't never asked nuttin from ya'll in his years of servicing this group. until NOW! please help spread this group on the internet.especially on blogs etc.
so victims have a communication site. thanks!"

They're good folks over there, and God knows the victims of Katrina can use all the help they can get.

Rick Lewis

Re: Katrina victims
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 57485
Does anyone know if we have any group members immediately affected by Katrina?

The Red Cross is starting to set up shelters near here, in Austin Texas, which shows just how far people are having to go to find a place to stay.

Michelle

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 57492
A local Los Angeles TV station, KTLA, is matching contributions made to the Katrina relief fund.
Do what you can to help.

No matter where you live,  Mother Nature is capable of providing a 'biblical' disaster.

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 57504
Rick,
 Thank you for starting that site. I've posted information asking for help

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Katrina victims
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 57505
Call the local chapter of the American Red Cross and give them the details.
Unfortunately, the situation is so bad in New Orleans that amateur radio emergency communication teams are not being allowed in the area yet.  Right now the Red Cross is your best hope.

Dick

[Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Katrina victims
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 57508
Thank you, Dick, for that suggestion. It seems so obvious I can't believe I didn't think of it myself. I just contacted them and they were wonderful. Her info is in the system now.

Ilene

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 57514
"Richard Hughes"  wrote: Right now the Red Cross is your best hope.
----
 As Ilene pointed out, a lot of larcenous screwballs materialize like a bad smell when there's any kind of disaster.  People interested in making sure that (as many as possible of) their charitable dollars are going to the victims of the disaster and not into some con's pocket might want to check out the information at:
 http://www.charitynavigator.org/ 
Joan
2003 TK has a new home