Skip to main content
Topic: Photos inaccessible (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Photos inaccessible
Yahoo Message Number: 57400
I do not seem to be able to access the photo file here. I have been trying since yesterday. I used a different browser and got the same error message. Is this a Yahoo glitch?

Cindy

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Photos inaccessible
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 57402
Must be something wrong with the server Cindy.  I can't get into the Photo's either.  No problem with any of the other categories.  I get something called a Group Error.

Dick

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Photos inaccessible
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 57403
It seems like back in the cobwebs that Andy said he was going to put the photo's on another server because we were running out of room on this one.
Maybe that's what we are seeing.

Dick

Re: Photos inaccessible
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 57422
"It seems like back in the cobwebs that Andy said he was going to put the photo's on another server because we were running out of room on this one. Maybe that's what we are seeing."
 Nope, we didn't have to do that, thanks to cooperation from members and regular housecleaning by us moderators. I can get into the Photos section now without any trouble, so I'm guessing it was a temporary Yahoo glitch.

Andy Baird
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 57425
Nope, we didn't have to do that, thanks to cooperation from members
and regular

housecleaning by us moderators. I can get into the Photos section
now without any trouble,

so I'm guessing it was a temporary Yahoo glitch.

Andy Baird
FWIW, I'm getting this error message still:

Error GROUP_CHECK gpg9.bc.scd.yahoo.com:GROUP_CHECK

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 57427
"FWIW, I'm getting this error message still:

Error GROUP_CHECK gpg9.bc.scd.yahoo.com:GROUP_CHECK"
 I figured it out. That completely cryptic error message means "Your photos section is FULL--no room for any more! So, we're restricting users from getting in there to prevent them from uploading any more pictures."
 Yahoo limits our photo storage to thirty megabytes. Normally we moderators keep track of the amount of stuff in the Photos section and prune files and folders as we approach our limit. This particular problem occurred almost overnight because a couple of members who had rigs for sale uploaded more than ten megabytes of pictures, and a few others uploaded files that were way bigger than they needed to be.
 Mind, I'm not blaming them! There's no warning when you upload that says "This image is 972K--that's too big." But when people upload images straight from their cameras without scaling and compressing them for the web, we get these monster files that can fill our storage to its limit in a matter of days or even hours.
 I've deleted the multimegabyte folders, and we're back down to 2/3 full. This isn't the first time this has happened, unfortunately. And it's not fair to have access to all photos cut off for everyone just because somebody forgot to scale images to a reasonable size before uploading them. So as of now, I'm going to ask that:

1. No photos of rigs for sale be uploaded here.
   There are plenty of other places to put photos you want to share, including elsewhere on  Yahoo...and if you have an internet connection, you have an ISP who gives you megabytes  of personal web server space where you can upload pages of photos. There are lots of  alternatives...so when you're selling your rig, please use them rather than filling up this  group's Photos space.

2. No photos over 100K be uploaded here.

There's just no need for any image file bigger than that here--if you really have to put a five-megapixel image of your new curtains online, you can use one of the photo-sharing services mentioned above. From now on, any file in the Photos section larger than 100K is at risk of being deleted when we do routine housekeeping. (Bumpersoar, Reciprocityfactor and others, take note.)
 I don't mean to be draconian about this...but as I said, we just can't have the whole Photos section suddenly going dead simply because somebody uploaded five megs of images and in one fell swoop put us over our thirty-meg limit. Common sense tells you that you wouldn't email a 900K file to all your friends--so don't upload it here.

Andy Baird
Andy Baird

Too many emails!
Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 57809
Hello Andy,
 I'm enjoying the lazy daze group site immensely.  I've armed myself with much info from the site for my negotiations with the dealer last week.

One thing tho:  emails!
 I'm getting all the emails, as well as a digest.  I suspect this goes back to when I joined the group and kept the default for emails.  When the change didn't take, I unsubscribed (I can't recall why) and rejoined.  Looks like the settings for my first membership remain, even tho I'm using the same account.

I only want the digest of emails.

Thanks.

Bruce

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Too many emails!
Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 57815
Thanks Joanne.  But it's been over one week since I made the change to my account, and have seen no change

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 57820
Thanks Joanne.  But it's been over one week since I made the change to my account, and have seen no change in the stream of emails, about 50/day.
... I'd rather read them online, as threads, if I read them at all.

Go to "Edit Membership" like Joanne described, and choose the option for receiving NO emails.  I'm not at the website, so I don't remember exactly how it's phrased, but you'll recognize the option.
 Since you resubscribed, you probably have 2 accounts now -- did you use the same email address, same User Name and Password?  I'm assuming, since you're receiving BOTH the digest and individual emails, you had to have used different User Names and Passwords.  So, that means you're going to have to go into BOTH accounts and set both of them to "no email," or set one to "no email," and the other to "digest."
 OR, alternatively...and probably a better choice...is to Unsubscribe either or both accounts using the directions that are at the bottom of each email.

Linda Hylton

2004 Red 23.5' TK

From Cascade Meadows RV Resort
La Pine, OR

See where we are: http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=1167
Linda Hylton

[Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Too many emails!
Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 57862
Thanks Joanne.  But it's been over one week since I made the
change to my

account, and have seen no change in the stream of emails, about
50/day.

... I'd rather read them online, as threads, if I read them at all.

Go to "Edit Membership" like Joanne described, and choose the
option for

receiving NO emails.  I'm not at the website, so I don't remember exactly how it's phrased, but you'll recognize the option.

Since you resubscribed, you probably have 2 accounts now -- did
you use the

same email address, same User Name and Password?  I'm assuming,
since you're

receiving BOTH the digest and individual emails, you had to have used different User Names and Passwords.  So, that means you're going
to have to

go into BOTH accounts and set both of them to "no email," or set
one to "no

email," and the other to "digest."

OR, alternatively...and probably a better choice...is to
Unsubscribe either

or both accounts using the directions that are at the bottom of
each email.

Linda Hylton 2004 Red 23.5' TK From Cascade Meadows RV Resort La Pine, OR See where we are: http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=1167
Thanks Linda.  That was it.  I searched thru the Members db and found my second entry.  I've removed this group completely from that account.  Hopefully the emails will stop SOON.

Bruce

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 57873
"If Andy can't fix this, then I'll unsubscribe, wait for the emails to stop, hopefully, then subscribe again."
 I just approved your new subscription request, but since all new members defaklt to "individual emails" mode, that just means you will be getting mreo emails. The solution is for you to make sure that 1) you only have one account subscribed to this group, and 2) that one account is set to either digest or "no emails" mode. You'll need to edit your own accounts as necessary to do this; I can't make those changes.

Andy BAird
Andy Baird

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 57944
Andy.. I just unsubscribed for same reason; want to have these LD posts come to separate address.  So I unsubscribed, but can't remember how to subscribe again using different email address?  Sorry and thanks...
Jackie

Andy Baird andybaird@...> wrote: "If Andy can't fix this, then I'll unsubscribe, wait for the emails to stop, hopefully, then subscribe again."
 I just approved your new subscription request, but since all new members defaklt to "individual emails" mode, that just means you will be getting mreo emails. The solution is for you to make sure that 1) you only have one account subscribed to this group, and 2) that one account is set to either digest or "no emails" mode. You'll need to edit your own accounts as necessary to do this; I can't make those changes.

Andy BAird

SPONSORED LINKS Automotive technician Insurance recreational vehicle Recreational vehicle financing Automotive equipment Recreational vehicles Recreational vehicle sales

Yahoo! for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Re: Too many emails!
Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 57953
"I just unsubscribed for same reason; want to have these LD posts come to separate address.
So I unsubscribed, but can't remember how to subscribe again using different email address?"
 Log into Yahoo under the Yahoo user ID you wish to use. Then go to  autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/lifewithalazydazerv> and click the "Join this group" link.
 Yahoo will send you a confirming email with information about how to subscribe, unsubscribe, etc. Don't throw it away! You'll need that information someday.

Andy Baird
Andy Baird

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 57957
thanks, Andy... I obviously threw it away last time!
 Andy Baird andybaird@...> wrote:"I just unsubscribed for same reason; want to have these LD posts come to separate address.
So I unsubscribed, but can't remember how to subscribe again using different email address?"
 Log into Yahoo under the Yahoo user ID you wish to use. Then go to  autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/lifewithalazydazerv> and click the "Join this group" link.
 Yahoo will send you a confirming email with information about how to subscribe, unsubscribe, etc. Don't throw it away! You'll need that information someday.

Andy Baird

Yahoo! for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 57959
Hello Andy,
 Well, I've removed this group from one yahoo account, and changed to Digest for my second. Still getting Digest plus all the email.  I can't find another account among the Members list that I recognize.  Is it possible to get a listing of members that doesn't require 82 screens of review (2432/30)?  Or can you tell me the names of the members who registered within a few days of my membership?

Yours in frustration.

Bruce J. Brod

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 57966
"I've removed this group from one yahoo account, and changed to Digest for my second. Still getting Digest plus all the email."
 Give Yahoo a few days to make the changes--it's unaccountably slow to do so at times.
 "Is it possible to get a listing of members that doesn't require 82 screens of review?"
 With my moderator not-so-superpowers, I can generate a text listing of all members...but what am I looking for? The format looks like this, with one line per member:
 'andybaird2000','','','-','','','No Email','Owner','Normal','7/16/2003'

Andy Baird

Buck Creek State Park, Ohio
Andy Baird

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 57977
Hello Andy,

Thnx for the quick reply.

I unsubscribed my Yahoo account at least 5 days ago.
 A list in the format below would help me.  I could easily scroll and search this list, looking for another account with ALL emails.

Bruce

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 57978
The membership list page(s)  have a Search Members box where you can enter the e-mail address that the nuisance e-mails have been coming to.

Joanne

Re: Too many emails....now Andy in OHIO!
Reply #20
Yahoo Message Number: 57980
With my moderator not-so-superpowers, I can generate a text listing
of all members...but  what am I looking for? >

Andy Baird Buck Creek State Park, Ohio
Hi Andy!

Welcome to Ohio! How long are you going to be in Ohio? Do you have plans head further north than Buck Creek St. Pk.? What do you think about the camping fees in Ohio's State Parks these days? I see where Buck Creek is one of the Ohio Parks that is available through Passport America, do you belong?

Steve K. (enjoying some great late summer Buckeye weather!)
Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Reply #21
Yahoo Message Number: 57986
"I just unsubscribed for same reason; want to have these LD posts come to separate address.
So I unsubscribed, but can't remember how to subscribe again using different email address

It is not necessary to unsubscribe, and then resubscribe, just to have the emails sent to a new address.  All you have to do to accomplish this, is to edit your account and change the email address.  Very simple to accomplish...much more so than unsubscribing and resubscribing.  I belong to probably half a dozen Yahoo Groups, and have each set up with 3 different emails addresses so that I can pick and choose which ones go where just by a click of the button.

Linda Hylton

2004 Red 23.5' TK

Brookings, OR Elks Lodge
See where we are: http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=1167
Linda Hylton

Reply #23
Yahoo Message Number: 57995
"A list in the format below would help me.  I could easily scroll and search this list, looking for another account with ALL emails."
 I don't think members would be happy if I passed around that list, which has everybody's info on it. If you tell me what account to look for, I can look for it.
 But as others have pointed out, you can do this yourself using the search function of the members page. Your incoming emails have an address header (you may have to ask your email program to show you "full headers" to see it) that tells what account the mail came in on. All you need do, then, is search this group's member page for that account. You can do this faster than I can, since you have the information at your fingertips.

Andy Baird
Andy Baird

Re: Too many emails....now Andy in OHIO!
Reply #24
Yahoo Message Number: 57996
"Welcome to Ohio! How long are you going to be in Ohio?"
 I'm long gone, sorry to say--stayed in Indiana yesterday and Illinois today. I am doing exactly what I always said I don't like to do: driving hundreds of miles a day on interstates without stopping to see the interesting sights. My excuse is that I have a date with a friend who's going to show me the fall colors in Colorado...and then with some balloons in Albuquerque in two weeks. But I won't be doing this kind of long-distance run again soon, I promise you!
 "What do you think about the camping fees in Ohio's State Parks these days? I see where Buck Creek is one of the Ohio Parks that is available through Passport America, do you belong?
 Oh, yes. If you don't belong to any other campground discount system, I think it makes sense to belong to Passport America. It's so cheap that you make back your annual fee the second or third time you camp.
 As for Buck Creek S.P., I very much regret not being able to stay longer there.  At the PPA discount rate, I paid something like $13 a night with electric and water hookups, and it's a beautiful spot. Sites are level and paved (!), and there's lots to do. I hope to stay there again someday, and really get to see the place.

Andy Baird

camped next to a cornfield in south central Illinois
Andy Baird