Skip to main content
Topic: Golden Caravan Info - Long (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Golden Caravan Info - Long
Yahoo Message Number: 57344
Greetings Lazy Dazers!

Linda, just want you to know I checked with our Registration Chairperson and your Registration Packet was indeed mailed on the 16th. It's on its way and it will be just a matter of days before it catches up with you.
 To any of you that have not yet filled out a survey and would like a Registration Packet, just go to our website lazydazecaravanclub dot org and fill out the survey; doing so will automatically put you on the mailing list. All of the policies and 40 FAQ's are there for your information.
 As far as policies – with any gathering of this size it is essential to have some form of guidelines in order to keep confusion to a minimum. Those that have attended an Escapee, FMCA or a Great North America RV Rally would be fully aware of this necessity. This past June we attended the huge rally in Redmond, OR where 5,620 rigs were parked; without similar policies I would hate to think what the out- come would have been with over 12,000 participants not knowing what was expected of them. We won't have those numbers but the same reasons for such policies exist no matter what the numbers.

As far as the disclaimer – this is something that, again anyone attending such an event, is asked to sign. It is not only required by us but by the City of Cheyenne, and Frontier Park. This is a standard practice that I'm sure each of us has had to deal with in the past.

After having just spent a week in Cheyenne taking care of the many details involved – I can tell you this, the Nation-wide LD rally will be better than what was first envision. We are very excited about the program, it's going to be a very memorable week. As a Lazy Daze owner, this is something you really won't want to miss!

If you have any questions – please email me for the answer!

See you in Cheyenne,

Rosemary

webbsite4 at cox dot net

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Golden Caravan Info -
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 57415
Hurrahs and Attagirls! to Rosemary Webb, an extraordinary woman, in bringing to fruition this fabulous opportunity in Cheyenne, 2006.  I cannot imagine the work, dedication and sacrifice of personal time that has gone into making this dream come alive -- an enormous undertaking.
And the entire objective all along has been to provide the proud Lazy Daze "cult" with a once-in-a-lifetime memory of Lazy Daze events and festivities and the chance to actually meet one another.
 Rosemary *volunteered* to create this unique event and then coordinate its actual realization.  I could be mistaken, but I don't think she has had prior experience for pulling together a project of this magnitude before.  That she has made it a reality -- the formation of committees, the endless research, decisions, conferences, negotiations, attention to detail and constant questions and haggling that has literally taken years, is indeed an incredible achievement.  Of course it's impossible to please everyone and, I'm sure, Rosemary is painfully aware of that.
 Bob, I remember when you were a moderator of this group years ago, and during a discussion about things a fulltimer might need -- you kindly sent me a very detailed inventory of the contents (with weight information) of your Lazy Daze.  It helped me, a rank wannabe, devise a realistic "packing list."  I would sure love to meet you and thank you in person.  So I hope you'll get up on the other side of the bed tomorrow, re-read your Registration Packet, and reconsider participating in the festivities in Cheyenne next year!

Rosemary Webb, you are an awesome, uppity woman!  I can't wait for June, 2006!

Lorna, Still in Westfir/Oakridge, Oregon with a pouty, house-bound cat!
2003 RB

Re: Golden Caravan Info -
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 57423
"Hurrahs and Attagirls! to Rosemary Webb"

Amen! Thanks for all you've done, Rosemary! :-)

Andy Baird
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"