Skip to main content
Topic: Dogs & RVing, Thanks (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
Dogs & RVing, Thanks
Yahoo Message Number: 57327
I think the best was the combustable lab and the propane monitor! Thanks to all that responded, your tips were great.
These two terriers are night & day, the Welch is Mr. Mello, and the Lakeland, well, she's blonde & full of energy.
They have been city dwellers all thier lives. Since by nature they are "ground dogs," we had Invisible Fence put around the back yard.
They stay within two feet of the coax, which will warn them before it triggers a mild shock to the collars they wear.
Since they are actually fearless of any other animal by nature, I thought this might be the biggest problem. The folks at Invisible Fence said I could lay down the coax cable around the RV with four tent pegs, and they will stay within the boundry. They have set this up for other RVers, and will do the same for me.
BTW, they are very social animals when it comes to humans & kids.

I saw a 2002 LD MD on rvtrader.com this morning. It said it had (7) miles on it, for $58K, I assume they needed to add some zero's to the mileage part, but I have a call in anyway.
Once again thanks for your replys, it looks like indestructable fabric coverings is the way to go! Best, Jim Pappas Tacoma, WA

Dogs & RVing, Thanks
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 57337
we had Invisible Fence put around the back yard.
They stay within two feet of the coax, which will warn them before it triggers a mild shock to the collars they wear.
The folks at Invisible Fence said I could lay down the coax cable around the RV with four tent pegs, and they will stay within the boundry. They have set this up for other RVers, and will do the same for me.

Jim, as I am sure you are aware, while the Invisible Fence may keep YOUR dogs contained, it does nothing about keeping other dogs -- or wild animals -- OUT.  Regardless of the rules at RV parks, many people feel that the rules don't apply to them, and they allow their dogs to run free.  And, of course, if you're boondocking out in the wilderness, that could present a whole other problem.

Linda Hylton

2004 Red 23.5' TK
From Sundance Meadows
Bend, OR

See where we are: http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=1167
Linda Hylton

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Dogs & RVing, Thanks
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 57339
Jim, as I am sure you are aware, while the Invisible Fence may keep YOUR dogs contained, it does nothing about keeping other dogs -- or wild animals -- OUT.  Regardless of the rules at RV parks, many people feel that the rules don't apply to them, and they allow their dogs to run free.  And, of course, if you're boondocking out in the wilderness, that could present a whole other problem.> Linda Hylton 2004 Red 23.5' TK
Good point, Linda.  Out here in the West, Park Rangers have referred to pets tethered out alone as "Bear Bait". 'Nuff said .

Will

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 57347
"Twinkie on a string."

bumper
bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 57368
Quote from: bumpersoar"

"Twinkie on a string."

bumper

Quote from: Linda Hylton

Out here in the West, Park Rangers have referred to pets tethered out alone as "Bear Bait".  >

Yea...and in Alaska, they call people riding bicycles as "Meals on Wheels!"

Linda Hylton 2004 Red 23.5' TK

And this subject wouldn't be complete without the classic grizzly escape plan: You don't have to outrun the bear, you only have to outrun your partner.

Will