Skip to main content
Topic: Visiting Boulder Colorado (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Visiting Boulder Colorado
Yahoo Message Number: 57286
Hi, Dave, I have done some research about parking RVs in Boulder.  The Boulder Parking folks I talked with said that RVs can park overnight on the street and that they go out on a "complaint basis only".  Even if there were a complaint, they would not go out till the next night, so this guarantees one night for sure.  Since this is the time all the students are returning to the University of Colorado here in Boulder, there are more than the usual numbers of RVs in town, mostly parents of students. For parking, I recommend you check out the area west of 6th Street on Marine Street and Arapahoe.  Flat with lots of old shade trees.  This would put you very close to the Boulder Creek path, one of the hidden gems of Boulder.  It goes East and West along the creek.  Also, the north side of the cemetery on Pleasant Street just west of 9th. Not as close to the Creek path but lotsa room to park. Get a decent map and you will see the places I have mentioned.  This puts you in the old part of Boulder which is the most interesting and charming. The downtown pedestrian mall is a great place to see (have to walk your bike on the Mall itself) - it runs from 11th east to 15th, only several blocks north of the Creek Path. Might want to check out the many sidewalk cafes on The Mall and I highly recommend dinner on the porch of the Chautauqua Dining Hall watching the sunset over the mountains (popular place, go early- ish).
Have a great time in Boulder!  It's a fun place to visit!  Feel free to call if you wish while you're here.

Suzanne Furman

1990 Rear Lounge Blue

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Visiting Boulder Colorado
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 57437
Suzanne - Pete will be here in another couple of days with the LD and Toad. We'll be parking the RV near Craig Rehab Hospital, but we'll sure be taking you up on your offer to see Boulder next week. Hope the Boulder People's Republic doesn't get hold of these e-mails - a couple of you could be on the 'most wanted' list for telling us what a place it is!

Sarah Near Denver, CO

-