Skip to main content
Topic: LED lights (Read 16 times) previous topic - next topic
LED lights
Yahoo Message Number: 154235
I thought that some might be interested in this source of high-quality LED lights at lower prices than many of the online vendors of similar products.

http://www.m4products.com/

I plan to order two of these to replace the remaining incandescent bulbs:

http://www.m4products.com/1156-17-5630-nw-1141-elite-series-ba15s-base-natural-white-with-brighter-samsung-5630-leds/

Any comments or experience reports with this vendor's products or service are welcome!

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Re: LED lights
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 154236
They are a wonderful supplier with great customer interaction skills.

After I purchased my 2003 RB in September 2014, I replaced all inside incandescent lights with the appropriate LED. Very satisfied so I ordered two sets of fluorescent bulb replacements: Four tubes total! Following M4's excellent instructions, I rewired the existing fixtures and was more than pleased with the results; so, I ordered three more sets to replace the remaining fluorescent fixtures! What a difference in brightness and power savings!

I also added two 105 Watt solar panels to the roof before I left Lake Havasu City, AZ,  Not a problem maintaining battery power levels at all! And I have 5 year old Interstate 6V deep cycle batteries that will probably be replaced before I leave AZ next year!

Fred

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 154238
Joan, I have the LED incandescent bulb replacements which I bought off EBAY some time ago. I don't remember the vendor but they were cheap. I got the warm white ones and they work well. I also bought the strips for the florescent light replacements but was going to ask Larry to help me with those. Have already noticed decreased battery draw.
Nice for boon docking. Wish I had known about this vendor.

bobmoore14

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 154239
Good to hear positive reports of product quality and customer service of M4 products. I ordered two bulbs (checked retailmenot.com and found a 5% discount) ; will post when the bulbs arrive.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 154240
I ordered a 10 pack of these off amazon last year.  Slightly brighter than the stock incandescent lights, same color temperature, 90% less energy consumed.  Less than $4 / light shipped.  Very pleased with them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DDOSNH2

All of the fluorescent displays got rewired with a pair of these each.  Only half the energy savings over the tubes, but the warm light is much more pleasing than the original "hospital white" fluorescent color.  And you can't beat the $3 / fixture price.

5.5W 56led COB LED Chip 450mA White/Warm White For DIY DC 12V
As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 154243
Not saying M4 isn't a great supplier (I haven't ordered from them so am only going by their web site). From what I see, they are pricey. Maybe as a value added supplier (in this case, knowledge) they are worth the extra money for the product advice they may provide. If a buyer knows what you want, then it may make sense to also check eBay and/or Amazon.

Comparing prices on just two of M4's offerings, ostensibly marked down, I found the same items on eBay for less than half of what M4 was asking. The eBay seller was also providing free shipping and stocked in the USA, while M4 was planning to add $5.85 shipping. Oft times buying eBay means it's coming slow boat from China, so it helps to read the medium size print as well. Lately, more of the US distributors are stocking on shore.

bumper
bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer