Skip to main content
Topic: Shurflo 5.7 water pump problem - LD (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Shurflo 5.7 water pump problem - LD
Yahoo Message Number: 56855
I called and talked with Steve and he is just sending me a new Shurflo
5.7 to replace the bad one - no whining, no gripes {except a little dig
 at Shurflo} just taking care of his people.

You know, we called and talked with Steve, too.  He never offered to send us a pump, instead referring us directly to Mike Perry.  Mike isn't at the Shurflo plant in California (he's in Spokane, WA!), so he had to call Shurflo to have them send out the pump.
 I gave him the General Delivery address in Fall River Mills to send the pump to, and was very specific that it HAD to be shipped via the USPS, NOT FedEx or UPS because they don't deliver to the Post Office.  Well, Mike either didn't tell Shurflo that, or the people at Shurflo ignored his instructions, because it was *finally* shipped out (after a couple of calls from us asking where the heck the pump was) via UPS to General Delivery in FRM!
 I had to track down the package myself -- which, at that time, was sitting at the UPS place near Redding -- and have them deliver it to us at the campground.  All in all, it took us almost a month to finally receive the pump!  I don't know why Steve didn't offer to send us one directly since he's done so for other people, but I can tell you we were unhappy campers with the Shurflo service!

Linda Hylton

2004 Red 23.5' TK

From Hewitt/Holcomb Park
Richland, OR

See where we are: http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=1167
Linda Hylton

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Shurflo 5.7 water pump problem - LD
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 56871
You know, we called and talked with Steve, too.  He never offered to
send us

a pump, instead referring us directly to Mike Perry.
Hmmmm, maybe they've had so many problems with the old 5.7's that he just does it this way now to expedite things. I have read other sites that have stated that Shurflo had some issues with pumps manufactured before 11/04.

Dave Runy the red 04 RK - getting ready to head back to site #18 at Heaton Bay in 10 days, right on the shore of Lake Dillon!!
Dave

2017 TK

Shurflo 5.7 water pump problem
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 57855
I fear for the day we have to replace our 98 Mid-Bath, for the 5.7 pump will empty the fresh water tank in no time.

This shouldn't be a problem at all.  Our Twin/King has 50 fresh/24 gray/18 black, and we can easily squeeze 5 or 6 days out of these when we're dry camping.  Almost every other model of LD has larger tanks than we have, so I would think that 7 or 8 days -- or even longer -- should be do-able.

Linda Hylton

2004 Red 23.5' TK

From Point Campground/Deschutes NF
Cascade Lakes Scenic Byway
See where we are: http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=1167
Linda Hylton