Skip to main content
Topic: Asking Prices for Used LDs.txt (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
Asking Prices for Used LDs.txt
Yahoo Message Number: 56791
Henry,

That's correct, as the new prices come out, the prices of used LDs automatically jump by the same percentage.

It's a simplifying assumption, but when we re-analyzed the asking prices (using oryoki's posted data), it appeared that the assumption was not bad.  This was determined by comparing those results to earlier results a couple of years older.

I updated the file to 2006 prices as indicated

Re: Asking Prices for Used LDs.txt
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 56831
I checked and the 'Asking Prices' file is up to date for the 2006 prices.

Barry 01 r rb tx at

Re: Asking Prices for Used LDs.txt
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 56874
Henry,

Based on your message I just updated the 'Asking Prices for Used LDs.txt' file to reflect the prices

Re: Asking Prices for Used LDs.txt-THANKS BARRY!
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 56950
"Barry Barnes"  wrote:

I checked and the 'Asking Prices' file is up to date for the 2006 prices.

Barry 01 r rb tx at
Barry, many thanks from all of us for keeping this important file updated.  It is really appreciated.

Chris Horst
2002 30' IB
Denver
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Re: Asking Prices for Used LDs.txt-THANKS BARRY!
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 56964
Chris and Henry,

Thanks for the kind words.  'Atta-boys' are always appreciated.
 On the other hand, the amount of time I spend on the Asking Price file probably pales

Asking Prices for Used LDs.txt
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 56835
I suspect, given the probably permanent nature of the increases in gas prices, that the RV industry pricing power, both new and used, will weaken.  I predict this will affect all manufacturers and re-sellers.

This will be a good thing for buyers, less good for sellers.

Ron

[Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Asking Prices for Used LDs.txt
Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 56857
Quote from: Ron Smith [quote
>]

I suspect, given the probably permanent nature of the increases
in gas prices, that the RV industry pricing power, both new and used, will weaken.

Sounds like a good guess.  On my daily drive to work I pass 3 different RV dealers who have both new and used rigs for sale.  All have very high inventory levels and there does not seem to be a lot of movement.  I attended a recent RV show and sale in San Diego and it would seem the market is indeed soft.  Lot of deals being offered with deep discounts.  I worked in retail long enough to know that there are always built in margins to allow for discounting, but some of these were off the board in terms of percentages.  I have to wonder who is paying the interest that is accumulating on these rigs just
sitting on

these lots.
Henry
Ron and Henry, You may both be right but I predicted the same thing after the startling gas price increases in the 1070s and the gas shortages in the early 1980s.
Yesterday, I drove my Camry 150 miles on Interstate 5 and kept the speed between 55 and 60.  I didn't pass a single car or truck.
The vehicles that passed me were mostly bigger than mine.
Much of the concern seems to be confined to those who are being interviewed on the 5 O'Clock News.
Nate Walker About to depart on a long road trip