Skip to main content
Topic: Towing Lights?? (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Towing Lights??
Yahoo Message Number: 56765
I have searched the forum, and can't find the info I need, so if this has been covered, kindly bear with me (and point me to the file if it exists!)
 In looking towards the day when we will be towing, I know theer is a hitch on the back of the LD, is there also an electrical connection for tow lights, or a brake buddy or whatever else you need to tow safely?

Thanks

Kate - 9 MORE DAYS!!!!

Re: Towing Lights??
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 56766
"...is there also an electrical connection for tow lights, or a brake buddy or whatever  else you need to tow safely?"

There is a connection for lights on a tow vehicle. You may have to change it, depending on the make and model of your car and tow package. Your installer will be able to figure it out.

Chris Hunter

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Towing Lights??
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 56769
"...is there also an electrical connection for tow lights, or a brake buddy or whatever  else you need to tow safely?"

There is a connection for lights on a tow vehicle. You may have to change it, depending on the make and model of your car and tow package. Your installer will be able to figure it out.

Chris Hunter
So are you saying this is one less thing I should worry about :0)  ??
 We are going to look at a Suzuki Sidekick today and I am just trying to figure everything out.

Thanks for your help

Kate

[Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Towing Lights??
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 56771
Kate, to power the rear lights on the toad (turn signals & brake lites) a cable runs from the 4-p
2000 TK
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT

[Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Towing Lights??
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 56774
Kate,
 I agree that dingy towing is not the easiest topic for a novice like you and me to understand. Here's a Motorhome Magazine dingy-towing guide that may be helpful. It's in Adober Reader .pdf format.

http://tinyurl.com/7cexh

Paul NE 50

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Towing Lights??
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 56775
Lee

Thanks, that's exactly the info I needed!

Kate

Towing Lights??
Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 56767
Kate wrote

"I have searched the forum, and can't find the info I need, so if this has
been covered,

kindly bear with me (and point me to the file if it exists!)
 In looking towards the day when we will be towing, I know theer is a hitch
on the back of

the LD, is there also an electrical connection for tow lights, or a brake
buddy or whatever

else you need to tow safely?"
Kate, prior to my LD pickup, the factory sent me an owner's manual to peruse. When you get yours, that information  will be found there.
TJ

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Towing Lights??
Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 56768
Tom
 Thanks, I had already read that part of the manual, but am still a bit unclear as to whether we can just plug the toad in.  Is the four pole trailer plug the place that we would plug in the lights for the toad? Sorry to be so dense, this is just all so new.

Thanks for the suggestion though

Kate