Skip to main content
Topic: Northeast LD Spring Gathering (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Northeast LD Spring Gathering
Yahoo Message Number: 50628
If there are any of you out there who would like to be part of the Northeast Lazy Daze Spring gathering at Susset Beach State Park in Sandwich, MA this June 9-12 and haven't signed up yet _ there are no more reservations available at Scusset Beadh BUT you are not alone and we have a tentative alternate plan for us late comeers to get reservations at Bourne Scenic Park which is on the Cape Cod Canal and about 6 miles from Scusset Beach and then be day use people at Scusset Beach so we can hang out with the gang.
 Bourne Scenic Park opens for reservations on March 7.  The office is open from 8am - 1pm.  If you need more info you can check out their website at www.bournescenicpark.com or contact me at hlhuyffer at aol.com.
 Also, if you plan to stay at Bourne please let me know so I can keep track of all of us.  Maybe we can all get sites together.

For info on the gathering itself and to sign up contact Barry and Mary Ellen Matthew at abmem57 at charter.net

This gathering is open to ALL LD owners.

Helen Huyffer 02 MB tan NE LD 3

Re: Northeast LD Spring Gathering
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 50630
Yikes, I must have gotten the last spot, since I just made my res on Monday.  I wrote to the Mathewses on 1/31 and didn't hear back, so I tried to make my own reservations online and was told that they were sold out.  Based on my experience with booking "sold-out" hotels, I then tried calling directly and was able to make a res for the first 2 nights (I'm

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 50882
Hi all NE Lazy Dazers--- I called Reserve America today, and they told me that it's $59.50 to reserve the Safari field and then $10 a night to stay. As Joanne said you need to have 20 rigs minimum to rent. Still, this might make more sense then being down the road at Bourne Scenic Park. I'd rather be in the same place and do without hookups for the weekend.
 We probably can't come until Friday, but would be willing to pay for the extra night.

Can we get 19 more LD's???

George & Jo Ann

Yikes, I must have gotten the last spot, since I just made my res
on Monday.  I

wrote to the Mathewses on 1/31 and didn't hear back, so I tried to
make my

own reservations online and was told that they were sold out.
Based on my

experience with booking "sold-out" hotels, I then tried calling
directly and was

able to make a res for the first 2 nights (I'm in site 57, so I'll
bring the

condiments).

An alternative to a separate location would be to gather a group
to rent

Scusset's special "Safari" 001 group site for boondocking, which
is still

available.  It requires a minimum of 20 rigs/people, holds a max
of 40 vehicles

or 160 people; fee is $10 per rig per night (fee for regular RV
sites is $17 but

includes hookups). You're only risking the $10 cancellation fee
(plus, I guess,

the $9.50 booking fee) if you can't get 20 people.
 http://www.reserveamerica.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/usa/ma/scus/ sites/new103494.html So, anyway, please sign me up for whatever the latecomers/outliers
group is

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 50886
Safari field is $25 per night to reserve and the basic fee for making a res is $9.50, so $59.50 sounds like 2 nights, not all 3. Bourne won't even start taking reservations until March 7, so there's time to try to round up the rest of the 20.
 Helen (vtbigdogs2002)  left on a 6-week trip on Tuesday and will have only intermittent internet access, which is why she was unable to take any more initiative on this.  She said that she and the Meiners (so far) had been unable to book at Scusset and were considering Bourne. I would be willing to switch to Safari for all 3 nights if it helps to make up a quorum.

That's 4 down, 16 to go . . . .

Has anyone been

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 50892
Joanne--I believe you are correct on the pricing. When I called Reserve America--I was only talking about 2 nights, so I got the $59.59 quote. We'd need to add $25 for the 3rd night.

George & Jo Ann