Skip to main content
Topic: Porta-bote Mounting (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Porta-bote Mounting
Yahoo Message Number: 50597
We just ordered our 26.5 MB last Friday and expect to have it Jun/Jul - hopefully in sufficient time to have a shakedown cruise or two before a planned trip to Alaska - now moved out to early August.
I'm wondering if anyone has tried to mount a 10' Porta-bote on a LD.
I'm getting dual solar panels and I don't know how much roof real estate I'll have left. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks, Al White Colorado

Porta-bote Mounting
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 50599
I'm wondering if anyone has tried to mount a 10' Porta-bote on a LD.
I'm getting dual solar panels and I don't know how much roof real estate I'll have left. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Al, your in luck and in the right state.  I had contact with Dan Hayman(Pine, Co.--west of Denver) last year at this time and he had produced several of what he called rak n roll racks for a porta boat  The rack is placed in a 2" hitch receiver in a vertical position(rack is maybe 8 ' long) and then tilted diagonally when a porta bote was in the rack.  I had concerns whether the tail lights would be covered.
 His thoughts were to go into business and produce these things but found that the cost was to high just doing a few at a time.  He sent me professionally done pamphlets with many colored pictures of the rack--very impressive.  At that time he was talking to some major rack builders to see if they wanted any piece of the action on these racks and I have not had contact with him since.
 At the time he had two racks left and was selling them for somewhere between $400-$500ea.
 His email address at the time was dan period hayman at directway dot com
 If you are unable to contact him at this address, go to the porta bote website(chat room) and ask if anyone knows how to get ahold of Dan Hayman.

Hope this helps.

John K

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Porta-bote Mounting
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 50608

I think that should be direcway dot com (no "t")...??

Linda & Earl 2004 23.5'  Red TK From Quartzsite, AZ
Linda Hylton

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Porta-bote Mounting
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 50612

I think that should be direcway dot com (no "t")...??
Your absolutely right, no "t".  Thanks for the heads up.

John K

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]