Skip to main content
Topic: AGM BATTERIES (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
AGM BATTERIES
Yahoo Message Number: 50371
Who am I to question what Oryoki writes...However, I will state that what Oryoki just mentioned about AGM's is theory.  They do sound wonderful.
However, on diesel forum groups that I belong to many have mentioned that the AGM's have not lasted and died at a young age.  Some were lucky and got free new ones, not true for everyone though.  I do not feel the expense is worth it.  It is a good feeling keeping ones hands on things and it is relatively simple to check water level in batteries and to add distilled water when necessary.  Trojan T-105's for me!  Mike with a 2000 Allure diesel pusher still on the market.
 PS: As an aside to Eudoro: who said that becoming a moderator means that you need to be perfect?  Even Andy, moderator of moderators, makes an occasional goof!  Besides, if you moderators were perfect there could never be any disagreements or arguments...What a dry group we would become!
2007 RK

Re: AGM BATTERIES
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 50382
"rvmike" wrote:

Who am I to question what Oryoki writes...
Go for it -- everyone benefits when you share your experience!

...on diesel forum groups that I belong to many have mentioned that the AGM's have not lasted and died at a young age...
AGM batteries do need more accurate control over charging voltages. If you replace a standard car battery with an AGM, you should upgrade the charge controller/voltage regulator as well to make sure the AGM is charged properly.

--oryoki