Skip to main content
Topic: I-5 overnight and Free stay by the Bay in San Diego (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
I-5 overnight and Free stay by the Bay in San Diego
Yahoo Message Number: 50128
Hi Guys, Try Valencia Travel Village. It's one mile West on California 126 before you go over the Grapevine. It's also 2 miles North of Magic Mountain, so it can be quite pricey in the Summer.  Lots of storage for LA area RVs.
If you're coming to San Diego, stay on the Bay free. The cops never bother anyone. They're too busy eating Krispy Kremes in Old Town about 2 miles away at the Trolley station.  San Diego Bay is at the junction of I-8 and I-5.  Some folks stay there all summer. While roller skating at the Bay, I have seen RVs that have been there so long, grass is growing under them.
San Diego Mission Bay is beautiful waterfront property. There is a free dump by the Visitor center. There's a Costco 1 mile away from the Bay on Morena Blvd next to the railroad tracks. Sea World is 1 mile away.
But if you want to spend your hard earned bucks, the check into Camperland on the Bay or go to the KOA in Chula Vista. Give them a Fifty and say thanks.

Ruben 26.5 MB ------

Re: I-5 overnight and Free stay by the Bay in San Diego
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 50244
Quote from: R Thunder

(snip> "If you're coming to San Diego, stay on the Bay free. The cops never bother anyone. They're too busy eating Krispy Kremes in Old Town about 2 miles away at the Trolley station.  San Diego Bay is at the junction of I-8 and I-5.  Some folks stay there all summer."

Curious as to exactly where those RV's have parked...Could you be more specific, i.e., streets; north or south of the I5/I8 junction, etc.

Thanx

Anne

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 50323
Hi Ann, Try the Clairemont Exit, West off I-5. It is one block from freeway. The Visitor Center and free dump are right there. You can see Mission Bay as you transit I-5 South, it's on your right. If you miss the Clairemont Exit, then take the next exit, which is Sea World Drive and double back. There is a service road which parallels I-5 for the full length of the park. This road will take you back to the Visitor Center.
If free camping is not your style, then go for Campland on the Bay or Santa Fe Park. Both are nearby. There is also a Wal-Mart and Sam's club at the junction of state highway 94 East and College Avenue. RV'ers find this location quite convenient.
Regards,

Ruben 26.5 Mb ---

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 50355
Quote from: R Thunder

(snip) "Hi Ann, Try the Clairemont Exit, West off I-5. It is one block from freeway."

Thanks Ruben, for your quick reply; we'll give it a look-see.

Anne 26.5MG