Skip to main content
Topic: rooftop ac (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
rooftop ac
Yahoo Message Number: 50006
We have a 92 26.5 mb with a rooftop ac and a swamp cooler.  Wiring and structural integrity aside would there be any problems with replacing the swamp cooler with a new ac unit and putting maxair fan where the ac used to be?

Thanks

Chris PS Can Mytles owner (rseynaev1) contact me offline at cmkh3 at prodigy dot net

Re: rooftop ac
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 50019
"Wiring and structural integrity aside would there be any problems with replacing the swamp cooler with a new ac unit and putting maxair fan where the ac used to be?"

Chris

Wiring and structural integrity aside, no it should not make a difference, the size of the holes in the roof should be the same (14" square).
Now, taking wiring and structural integrity into consideration, yes, it does make a difference.
I would give Steve, at LD, a call, to see if LD reinforces the roof around the A/C. Moving the A/C to a different position could cause eventual roof sagging. You will also need to move the 120 VAC and 12 VDC wiring to the new locations. It would be much easier to replace the existing A/C with a new one, if necessary and to remove the swamp cooler. The Maxxair will fit perfectly in the location of the swamp cooler and the needed 12 VDC power will already be there.

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)