Skip to main content
Topic: I-5 overnight (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
I-5 overnight
Yahoo Message Number: 49883
Depending on where one needs to stop along I-5, two "overnight" spots are the parking lot in front of the Apricot Tree coffee shop at Panoche Rd., and Harris Ranch restaurant at Hwy. 198/Coalinga exit.

The Apricot Tree option also offers a couple of gas stations and fast food places. If you are really hungry and not at all choosy about what you eat, the Apricot Tree is there.  Access for motorhomes is quite tight at Harris Ranch; try to park next to the airstrip fence just beyond the Shell station.  The food at Harris Ranch is a few cuts above the other places along I-5.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Re: I-5 overnight
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 49889
We have spent a lot of time driving up and down I-5 and usually try to stop at either Andersen's Split Pea Restaurant at the north end of the valley (has RV parking spots and a dump station at the attached gas station, food is pretty good for freeway food too) or at Harris Ranch (food is good but parking spots can be muddy in the dirt field at back and loud from the idling trucks and the nearby freeway - Joan is right, try to park along the airfield fence) or at Camping World in Valencia (hard to find it the first time but has a dump and is quiet especially in the back).
 If you are traveling and just stopping to sleep, why pay for an RV park?

Jonna