Skip to main content
Topic: Internet access in CA state parks (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Internet access in CA state parks
Yahoo Message Number: 49879
I am not sure of my "facts" but CA recently raised its camping fees and I believe the new rate is $30/night without hookups...
2007 RK

Re: Internet access in CA state parks - camping Fees - CA state par
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 49880
I am not sure of my "facts" but CA recently raised its camping fees
and I

believe the new rate is $30/night without hookups...
Here is a link to CA parks fees:
 http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=23293

To some extent the camping fee depends upon the park you want to go to and the season you want to go.
It gives the basic camping fee as $11-25.  Premium site $10 additional. Then more for peak season.  An ocean front site in the summer is more expensive than perhaps an inland park. (makes sense to me and probably still a bargain compared to a comparable commercial park if even available.)

Fees were raised July 1, 2004.  Fees were lowered when CA had a surplus.  Check the website for the park you are interested in visiting to find the fees.  The resevation fee is $7.50 which seems reasonable if you going to stay for a week or so.  For just one day, it seems expensive to me.  I'll be retired soon and will be able to stay longer.

Site also tells about Wi-Fi $7.95 for one day, $19.95  for a month.
Maybe a month is not bad if good at most parks. Press release said only one park had been installed at this time.

Happy Camping

Ken of Ken, Patty and daughter Stephanie in San Diego