Skip to main content
Topic: Re-ordering the "FILES" archive (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Re-ordering the "FILES" archive
Yahoo Message Number: 49741
Hi, Group

I've been checking the "Files" archive, which is ordered alphabetically. Since it's getting bigger and bigger as we grow, and almost all the subjects started with "LD", it was difficult to any search ! So, I took the liberty to make small changes in the titles just to make it easier for all to search.

Eudoro "analphabetical" Lemos, Jr.

Re: Re-ordering the "FILES" archive
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 49761
Barry wrote:

"As I make changes from time to time in some of these files, I would

like to have the edit privileges restored if possible."
Barry:

I discovered, after the small title changes, that the Yahoo system automatically changes the creator and date to whatever has done the last change, and to the date of the change.
 I did the thing I could and had to do at the moment I realized this: Wrote, in capital letters, before each text, "wrote" or "compiled" by the original creator. If you check your files, you'll see your credits there.

To heve your name back in the "creator" area, you have to do any small change, such as a comma, and the Yahoo system will put you as "creator" again. I tried, but couldn't do it myself.
 My apologies if this caused any disappointment to you. I'm trying to learn to contornate the Yahoo's complicated and many times illogical system

Eudoro

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 49762
Barry:

Please try to do the mini change to see if it works.
I can't check if it works, only you.

If the Yahoo system is dunb enough to automatically also re- directionate the right of editing, I just figured out another way to contornate the problem: You can copy the text, and create a new list with the copied text.

The system certainly will recognize you as the creator of the new one. Then, I'll just delete the old one.

Again, my apologies for involuntarily creating a new problem when trying to fix another one.

Eudoro

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 49763
Eudoro,
 I can't try any changes because I still don't have editing privileges.
I just checked.
 Yahoo only allows the creater of the file and the moderators to edit a file.

I'll try uploading another copy under the same or a similar name.
I'll leave the Changes file for you to edit as you have indicated that you wanted to clean it up and organize it.

Barry

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 49764

".....I'll try uploading another copy under the same or a similar
name.

I'll leave the Changes file for you to edit as you have indicated that you wanted to clean it up and organize it....."
Barry:
 HALLELLUJAH! I already deleted the other file...It worked! Once again the lifewithalazydaze humans, elves and hobbits win the yahooeaucracy orcs !

A hug to you, an I again apologize for the bore!

Eudoro

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 49767
Eudoro,
 No problem.  There is a learning curve to every new task.  As others have alredy said, we are lucky to have you as a new moderator.

Barry 2001 RRB TX

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 49768
It's really my fault. Eudoro mentioned this yesterday, and I meant to warn him that Yahoo would change all the creator names to those of the person who last "touched" the files...but I forgot. Sorry you stubbed your toe on this stupid Yahoo bug!

Andy Baird
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"