Skip to main content
Topic: LD name, Check it out (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
LD name, Check it out
Yahoo Message Number: 49250
OK Groupes Let me know what you think of this.
Ramblin' Roze (note the Z) Rozie for short and a horned lizard license  plate for the toad so I would have Rozie and the Horney Toad.
Robert & Roberta Red 01 26RK SKP702

Re: LD name, Check it out
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 49253
Ramblin' Roze (note the Z) Rozie for short and a horned lizard license  plate for the toad so I would have Rozie and the Horney
Toad.

Oh NO! Does this mean I'm not gettin' a prize again?:))) Dang, I bet if I was from Texas, I mighta had a chance. shoot. But Robert, when you tell your wife you going to go out and wash that LD, wouldn't you rather say "Darlin',I'm goin' out to wash "Ranger" than say, "Roberta, I'm going to go out and give Ramblin Roze a bath"?

ramblin' rose, humph; the name ramblin' makes me think of a Nash Rambler, it went beep, beep. Do yawl put put steer horns on the front of ever'thang down thar in Texas? jus' wonderin'

Steve K (it musta been the comment about not eatin' Mexican food)
Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: LD name,winner & Honorable Menti
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 49267
Here it is   Ramblin' Roze (Rozie for short) & Horney Toad with the Horned Lizard license plate First place winner Chris W. #1 #2 Kerrzoo  15 praises containing the word Red Wow #3 Patty Sheldon, Das Keline Rote Haus 10-4 that on your CB All others get Honorable mention Robert Got to get off Roberta Needs to monkey with The DSL Modem By

Re: LD name, Check it out
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 49282
Ramblin' Roze (note the Z) Rozie for short and a horned lizard license  plate for the toad so I would have Rozie and the Horney Toad.
Okay, Robert & Roberta:

I am just a wannabe so I'm not sure whether my vote counts.  My nickname is Rozi so I heartily endorse "Rozie" -- same sound, slightly different spelling.  There are so few of us, we Rozies have to stick together.

Whatever you decide, I am sure your LD will be greatly loved.

Roz the Wannabe

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] LD name, Check it out
Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 49301
. . . OK Groupes Let me know what you think of this. Ramblin' Roze (note the Z) Rozie for short and a horned lizard license plate for the toad so I would have Rozie and the Horney Toad. . .
 R & R - I don't think you could do any better. This one made me LOL! Sarah
 PS - I saw this on a sticker on the back of a tow car last summer at the Life on Wheels conference. "If I towed you once, I towed you 1000 times"
 Well, last fall, I had the the Two Crazy Ladies make a license plate holder for the tow cars. it's a hoot.

BTW - for those of you who are new to the RV world. When you go to something like the Quartzsite RV show, or the Escapades, you'll find the "Two Crazy Ladies". They are wonderful folks, and they make name tags, license plate holders, silly stuff like that, right on the spot.
They have a lot of things already made up, but if you have something in mind that you want that they don't have, they can make it for you.

Sarah ABQ

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: Too Crazy Ladies
Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 49302
"When you go to something like the Quartzsite RV show, or the Escapades, you'll find the 'Two Crazy Ladies.' They are wonderful folks, and they make name tags, license plate holders, silly stuff like that, right on the spot."

Minor correction: they call themselves Too Crazy Ladies. ;-)

http://www.toocrazyladies.com/>
 They're in Quartzsite through February 18th--see the schedule on their website.

Andy Baird
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] SOMEBODY MENTION HITCH itch
Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 49304
OK Group Most of you that know the feeling  can tell when someone has the hitch itch. They post lots of noncensecal stuff , 10 or 12 posts a day signs of cabin fever, . for our new name plate (The Mucho's, Slim and Bessie Mae) OK enough, I'm going down to the parking lot, walk around Rozie a couple of times maby that will help. And we have new glasses ordered (eye glasses not for the Pino More) pulling out 29th I hope. Florida first then Quartzsite or visa-versa(sounds like my credit card) Sinking fast.
Robert

Sarah Blackwood sarahsgonervn@...> wrote: . . . OK Groupes Let me know what you think of this. Ramblin' Roze (note the Z) Rozie for short and a horned lizard license  plate for the toad so I would have Rozie and the Horney Toad. . .
 R & R - I don't think you could do any better. This one made me LOL! Sarah
 PS - I saw this on a sticker on the back of a tow car last summer at the Life on Wheels conference. "If I towed you once, I towed you 1000 times"
 Well, last fall, I had the the Two Crazy Ladies make a license plate holder for the tow cars. it's a hoot.

BTW - for those of you who are new to the RV world. When you go to something like the Quartzsite RV show, or the Escapades, you'll find the "Two Crazy Ladies". They are wonderful folks, and they make name tags, license plate holders, silly stuff like that, right on the spot.
They have a lot of things already made up, but if you have something in mind that you want that they don't have, they can make it for you.

Sarah ABQ

Robert & Roberta, Rozie and the Horney Toad, SKP#702   

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 49305
Florida first then Quartzsite or visa-versa(sounds like my credit card) Sinking fast.

Robert, if you want to get any idea of what Quartzsite is like (assuming you haven't been here before), I'd suggest coming here first.  If you're leaving on the 29th, that means that you will have already missed most of the shows which pretty much all happen in January.  There are perhaps a couple that run through the second week of February, and then another one or two that run until the end of February.  There will, of course, still be vendors here...they don't start heading out en masse until sometime in March.

Linda & Earl 2004 23.5'  Red TK From Quartzsite, AZ
Linda Hylton

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 49310
OK Group Most of you that know the feeling  can tell when someone has the
hitch itch. They post lots of noncensecal stuff , 10 or 12 posts a day signs of cabin fever, .

Hitch itch - HA, try having your LD snowed in so tight you can't hardly reach the door!      :-(

Gonna be a long couple months until spring!  :-0

Dave

Ruby the red frozen popsicle RK
Dave

2017 TK

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 49326
(snip) . . . Most of you that know the feeling can tell when someone has the hitch itch. They post lots of nonsensical stuff , 10 or 12 posts a day . . .

Robert - you nailed me on this one. I have it, big-time. Lots of symptoms. The multiple no-real-substance posts, on-line more than 2 times a day, doing all sorts of re-arranging of stuff out in the RV, wishing I could call the newspaper today and cancel delivery, getting a hair cut earlier than I really need it. ALL clothes are washed and ready, dogs are scheduled for their beauty shop appointments, need to clean all the RV windows today, topped off the propane yesterday, had been eating up left-overs for days so there won't be so much to throw out of the refrigerator, quit going to the grocery store days ago, eating out a lot now.

It just goes on and on. Well, it sure was easier when I was a full-timer. Speaking of which, - - - dare I say this out loud?
 I think Pete is really serious about going full-timing! My gosh, that gives me tachycardia, just thinking about it. But it looks real. No contract with a realtor yet, but I THINK that's near! We have a painter for the next two months to do the inside and outside of ye-olde-adobe home, and best of all - - - A LIQUIDATOR scheduled to come in and clear out EVERYTHING that we don't pack up to keep. That's scheduled for April!! Does this sound serious? It's so hard to keep my mouth shut - to not push on Pete to do this - it has to be his decision. But I'm so excited about the whole thing!! Oh gads. I think I need a Tums.

Sarah - going into hyper-mode.

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 49330
Sarah, after Roberta and I got back together in 1995 after being apart for 40yrs. I'm her 5th hubby and she is my 3rd. wifey I ask her one day, why did you marry all those guys, she said I was looking for you. (Tear drops) As you know her SKP# is 702 so she had need RVn. long time. I had hardly been out of my home county so she says you need to travel some so off we go in her station waggon to Colorado much fun so after several trailers and motor homes and after beeing hooked right away on RVn. we are off again to Quartsight (sp) via ABQ to Roberta's Mom then  on to Florida - WOW My skin is tingling. On the road again.
So sell that adobe hasayenda (sp) You'll never regret it.
Robert Sarah Blackwood sarahsgonervn@...> wrote: (snip) . . . Most of you that know the feeling  can tell when someone has the hitch itch. They post lots of nonsensical stuff , 10 or 12 posts a day . . .

Robert - you nailed me on this one. I have it, big-time. Lots of symptoms. The multiple no-real-substance posts, on-line more than 2 times a day, doing all sorts of re-arranging of stuff out in the RV, wishing I could call the newspaper today and cancel delivery, getting a hair cut earlier than I really need it. ALL clothes are washed and ready, dogs are scheduled for their beauty shop appointments, need to clean all the RV windows today, topped off the propane yesterday, had been eating up left-overs for days so there won't be so much to throw out of the refrigerator, quit going to the grocery store days ago, eating out a lot now.

It just goes on and on. Well, it sure was easier when I was a full-timer. Speaking of which, - - - dare I say this out loud?
 I think Pete is really serious about going full-timing! My gosh, that gives me tachycardia, just thinking about it. But it looks real. No contract with a realtor yet, but I THINK that's near! We have a painter for the next two months to do the inside and outside of ye-olde-adobe home, and best of all - - - A LIQUIDATOR scheduled to come in and clear out EVERYTHING that we don't pack up to keep. That's scheduled for April!! Does this sound serious? It's so hard to keep my mouth shut - to not push on Pete to do this - it has to be his decision. But I'm so excited about the whole thing!! Oh gads. I think I need a Tums.

Sarah - going into hyper-mode.

Meet the all-new My Yahoo! ' Try it today!

Re: Too Crazy Ladies
Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 49362
They also made a replacement door tag for a friend of ours who bought a used Lazy Daze.  They just needed the size, we took them the original one.  Any color, any style, any words you want.  They are great people.

Jonna,

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 49366
Robert wrote: (snip) . . . we are off again to Quartsight (sp) via ABQ to Roberta's Mom then  on to Florida - WOW My skin is tingling. On the road again. So sell that adobe hasayenda (sp) You'll never regret it. .
. .

Robert - we'll be here in Albuquerque until the 20th, and will be heading to Quartzsite, also. So if you two are coming through here around that time, we could caravan! How about it?

Sarah

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV]Quartzsite "Shows"?
Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 49369
...snip... you will have already missed most of the shows ...snip...
Hi Linda & Earl,

What is the "show" business?  I thought Quartzsite was a place to inexpensively spend the northern cool/cold months like a bigger more organized version of the Slabs.  Has the whole thing become commercialized?

Dave, still working in Albuquerque 2000 RB

Yahoo!
Dave

2017 TK

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 49383
What is the "show" business?  I thought Quartzsite was a place to inexpensively spend the northern cool/cold months like a bigger more organized version of the Slabs.  Has the whole thing become commercialized?

Dave, Quartzsite is not at all like the Slabs.  Quartzsite really got it's start because of the gem and mineral shows...some of the biggest in the country.  To those have been added swap meets and a big Sports, Vacation, and RV Show (which, this year, starts on the 22nd).  Quartzsite is a beehive of activity during the winter, particularly during January.
 Here is just a couple websites that will give you lots of information on Quartzsite and the various shows:
 http://www.quartzsitervshow.com/qzinfo.htm http://www.quartzsitechamber.com/show_schedule.html

Linda & Earl 2004 23.5'  Red TK From Quartzsite, AZ
Linda Hylton

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 49391
"

I think Pete is really serious about going full-timing!"

Sarah

You are going to also have your two remote 'bases' in SoCal and in Washington? Or have decided to fulltime in the LD?

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 49395
Yee Haw!  Sarah, What a great man you've got!  How exciting!  I'm so thrilled for you both.  I just told Mimi and she started laughing and said she never had any doubts but that Pete would come to see the light.  Probably the light shining from your eyes whenever you talk about fulltiming.

Also speaking of hitch-itch, we've got it and after 3 weeks

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 49399
Sarah, I can sure feel your excitement.  I just know that "congratulations" wouldn't be premature, but won't it be wonderful when you can actually put a calendar up and start x-ing off the days!!

A LIQUIDATOR scheduled to come in and clear out EVERYTHING that we don't pack up to keep. That's scheduled for April!! Does this sound serious? It's so hard to keep my mouth shut - to not push on Pete to do this
Oh, go ahead and get just a tad more excited!

Lorna in Sunny Santa Cruz
2003 RB

Re: SOMEBODY MENTION HITCH itch
Reply #20
Yahoo Message Number: 49407
How exciting, Sarah!

We went through all that liquidating last year and I'm so glad it's behind us now. Start getting rid of stuff now. You'll be glad you did.

Now that we're fulltiming, I tell you, I can't imagine living any other way. We've been on the road now since Nov. 7th. There've been a few weeks here and there when we've had to return to Modesto for business (ick!) and some weeks with family over the holidays. But when we get into 'Zoe' and start the engine, the feeling of excitement returns. We both start singing "On the Road again..." (yeah, I know it's corny but we're laughing happily when we sing it). It's a great feeling.

Reply #21
Yahoo Message Number: 49409
. . .  You are going to also have your two remote 'bases' in SoCal and in Washington? Or have decided to fulltime in the LD? . . .
 Larry - the 'plans' are to travel, travel, travel, but also get a lot a the SKP Park in So. Calif. Jojoba Hills. Our name's due to rise to the top of the list this summer sometime. We might put something on that lot for if/when we want to just stay put for awhile. The other place's the SKP Park in Washington - at Chimmicum, on the Olympic Penninsula.
That's a 5-year wait, and we've only been on it for about a year. My choice is to travel most of the time. We'll just play it by ear. I sure the heck don't want to get tied down by something that demands a lot of my attention. Except Pete, of course.
 We've also toyed around with the idea of spending the winter down in Mexico next year, and seeing if there's anything down there that we like. Traveling is our #1 priority, sitting still takes the dead last spot, but I guess it's comforting to know that you have a place or two to do that when the mood strikes.
 So the plans are to just bum around in the 26' RB - wherever the mood sends us. So far this winter/spring, it's going to take us back to Arizona & So. California.

Whoo-hah! Sarah Albuquerque - 2003 26' RB just sitting in the driveway, pawing the ground!

Reply #22
Yahoo Message Number: 49411
> What is the "show" business?  ...snip... Quartzsite really got it's start because of the gem and mineral shows...some of the biggest in the country.  To those have been added swap meets and a big Sports, Vacation, and RV Show (which, this year, starts on the 22nd).  Quartzsite is a beehive of activity during the winter, particularly during January.
...snip...

Thanks for the pointers Linda,

Dave 2000 RB Albuquerque

Dave

2017 TK

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Hitch Itch,ABQ then Quartzsite
Reply #23
Yahoo Message Number: 49424
Sarah Roberta and I would really like to caravan with you and Pete but we have Dr. appt. on the 19th. I must get my glasses bumped up so we may not be able to leave until the 28th. or 29th. dangit. maby we can catch you in Quartzsite. I have the hitch itch so bad yesterday I went to the parking lot pulled up beside Rozie pluged in a Bluegrass tape and just set in the Horney Toad and just looked at that beautifull little rig and dreamed of all the places I haven't been. I need to get on the road soon. I may just cancell the eye exam until we get back if so I will let you know tomorrow PM.
Robert, getting ready to kick the tires and lite the fires.

Sarah Blackwood sarahsgonervn@...> wrote: Robert wrote: (snip) . . . we are off again to Quartsight (sp) via ABQ to Roberta's Mom then  on to Florida - WOW My skin is tingling. On the road again. So sell that adobe hasayenda (sp) You'll never regret it. .
. .

Robert - we'll be here in Albuquerque until the 20th, and will be heading to Quartzsite, also. So if you two are coming through here around that time, we could caravan! How about it?

Sarah

The all-new My Yahoo! ' What will yours do?

Re: SOMEBODY MENTION HITCH itch
Reply #24
Yahoo Message Number: 49430
Whoo-hah! Sarah Albuquerque - 2003 26' RB just sitting in the driveway, pawing the ground!
i know exactly what you mean! thx for that description! my motorcycle during the night would go rumph rumph rumph rumph to get going - i am an LD wannaB, currently have a toyota/winnebago 21' inside & 24' bumper-to-bumper, class C, 1991, my 1st, purchased in july of 03 - jean/sac